xxvi. the reynolds apology

˚ INFRUNAMI
chapter twenty six — the reynolds apology

BLAKE HAD BEEN GROUNDED FOR 2 weeks, which meant walker had been home for about a week and 6 days

in the past two weeks there was tension in the reynolds household, ryan was ignoring blake because of what she said to him, and blake was ignoring ryan for grounding her.

blake and ryan were never against each other, and as for the eldest woman in the house, it was just making life harder.

ryan was laying down in his bed, scrolling through photos on his phone.

his wife, or momma blake came in, and climbed into bed.

"honey, do you remember when blake was 3 and we took her to disneyland for the first time." ryan said, as he stopped on a photo of blake next to cinderella with crown mickey ears on.

"of course, it was the day she called you dad for the first time."

ryan laughed, "yeah. and she told me if she was a princess i would be her prince since i will always save her from bad guys."

"do you really think i give her less attention than the other girls?" ryan asked his wife.

"honestly, no. i think lately you've been trying to give them extra attention, since you think you give blake all your attention." momma blake said.

"but blake said-"

"she's probably mistaking what your doing for you distancing yourself from her. she's a daddy's girl ryan. you and her have an insane bond, and i don't think she wants to lose someone she cares about again."

"i would never. i just want to give all the girls equal attention, and you know i especially want to care for blake and protect her. she's up and coming, once barbie is out she won't be left alone. she's still my little girl, seeing her makeout with a guy who i treated like my own child is just...crazy."

"ryan i get that. but you need to let her have her experiences. i think walker is the perfect fit for a first boyfriend, and maybe even her forever boy. and if he hurts her, you can be there for her. but don't forbid her for doing things, she's 14 honey. soon enough she'll be having a sweet 16."

ryan sighed, he knew his wife was right. but he wasn't ready to let blake go, even a little bit. ryan knew he could trust walker with his daughter, but had to push past the fact that he had worked with him and see him as a random boy that blake liked.

did blake even know the commitment a relationship takes? was ryan ready to be there for her if anything happens, without feeling the urge to have to kill walker?

probably not.

"dad?"

the door of the large bedroom opened, and blake was seen peeking her head into the doorway.

ryan didn't move, nervous for whatever his daughter was gonna say. was she going to call him a shit person next?

blake closed the door, and ryan suddenly felt guilty. but what if she wanted to talk.

he promised to always be there for her, and she was his child. ryan was going to have to put his own feelings aside and see what blake went into his room for.

so ryan got up, and put on his slippers before passing all the other rooms in the house and going to blake's.

ryan knocked on the door, and blake spoke. "come in!"

the door slowly opened, and blake looked especially surprised to see her dad.

"saw you came into my room? is everything alright?" ryan asked, sitting next to blake on her bed.

"not really, i went to go watch tv and the preview for deadpool came up and then i felt bad." blake sighed, looking down.

"don't feel bad blake."

"no i do. you're not a shit father dad, you're honestly the best father any girl could ask for. i'm sorry for what i said i was just really mad and i just was just going on and on." blake ranted.

"if I'm being honest with you everything i said in that stupid argument wasn't even. i do want to be an actor, you aren't forcing me to do it. maybe the part about me getting roles cause i'm a reynolds might be true sometimes but i don't really care because i enjoy acting."

"and you give me a lot of attention and you don't get the little ones that much attention, so i guess i could see why i haven't had all your attention lately. but that's okay! four girls is a lot." blake laughed.

"i'm sorry dad, i love you and i really can't stand not talking to you for two weeks. i want my dad back." blake finished, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"no blake i'm sorry. i'm sorry for yelling at you about walker. i just always want to be there to protect you through everything." ryan said, wiping the tears of his daughter with a nearby towel.

"i guess i'm not ready to let you go, even if it is just for you to have your first ever boyfriend and I i trust walker i really do, but i don't think i trust myself to be okay with you growing up." ryan continued.

"just seeing you kiss or make out with a boy just reminded me that you're getting older and that sooner or later we won't this bond anymore because you'll have your own life."

"oh no dad i'll always have this bond with you i don't think i'll be able to live without it." blake said, and ryan smiled at her.

"okay, give me a hug." ryan said, pulling his daughter into a hug, and squeezing her like he used to do when she was younger.

"can we watch deadpool together?" blake said in the hug. "you wanna see your old man kick some ass?"

"uh, always do."

nayah speaks !!

dude i have nothing to say for like once