Chapter 17

Lisa turns back to Jennie, her hands stretched behind her on the counter.

The red dish towel acting as a sexy accessory on her shoulders.

"Look who is talking of fear. You, my bratty princess also live in fear.

You pretend, manipulate and have never been real with anyone." She remarked, mockingly.

Jennie stood up, her stance jostling ready to rant and rave at her.

Lisa poisonously lifted a single bushy brow, unaffected by Jennie posture. "You devise, plot and are so conceited.

You only think of yourself and no one else. Have you ever let anyone come close to you? When things become too real, you lash out."

Jennie refuted, her inflection high and sharp.

"You know you lash out when things become too risky and real for you too. Just like now, when I know I'm saying the right thing.

You tackle me with mean words. What have I ever done to you? You have targeted me with all your hate and anger from the beginning? What have I done to deserve it? Tell me!"

Lisa's nerve strummed against her forehead, the sweat dripping down her back.

Jennie didn't stop. She couldn't. She needed to know what was this all about.

"Tell me Lisa, what are we doing? You leave me every time after something intimate has occurred between us.

I know we aren't together but it fucking hurts. You just dispose me like some trash and move on to some new chick just the day after. What are you doing to me?"

Another lap of steely silence and her eyes revealed nothing.

Jennie's shoulder slumped and she stepped back and back and she pulled the words till she felt the front door hitting her back.

"I know what you wife did is something you can't forget. Can't forgive and you shouldn't. I don't even want to know the how's and why's because it doesn't matter. Nothing matters concerning that woman. Yet I know you don't want to risk it.

Risking things because it's scary. But Lisa, I can't be part of this little back and forth scheme with you anymore."

Jennie turns around, her hand shaking as she touches the knob of the door.

She was actually sticking to her gut. She was actually doing it even though Lisa was not coming to stop her.

With deep breath, she turned the knob and opens the door only to have it shut with a strong palm slamming over her head.

Lisa's back pressed upon her and she breathes the brave words into her ears, "You make me want to risk it, Jennie."

Lisa watches her turn, pressing the back of her head against the door.

Jennie looks at her, with tired excited eyes.

They were both tired. Of this game. Of their little circling. Exhausted by each other's hurtful words and especially their own traveling thoughts.

Sapped of what the world thinks. Who cares? Nobody

really cares right now what these two do.

It's not the time to put on their shoes and leave. They were so busy thinking of the consequences, they had forgotten that in order to face them one has to do the deed.

Well, enough is enough. No more hiding behind all the loathing, the prim facade, the walls between them is on the way of being smashed.

Just like Achilles returns to battle to avenge her Patroclus's death, she was driven to nobility and courage. No fear.