chapter twenty six: werewolf hunting

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
werewolf hunting

Kicking the back of Klaus' seat was more fun than I expected. We were only 16 hours into this impromptu road trip and I was a mixture of bored, angry and hungry.

Whilst Klaus had given himself the role of driver, Elijah sat in the passenger seat, arguing about directions. Meanwhile, Henrik and I sat in the back and had spent most of the time complaining and acting immature. At one point we attempted a make-out session but had to stop when Klaus nearly drove us off the road.

After being borderline forced into this werewolf hunting road trip, I was determined to make Klaus' life as difficult as possible. With a grin, I kicked the back of his seat again, exchanging an amused look with Henrik, who copied me and began to kick Elijah's seat.

"Henrik, I must warn you," Elijah began through gritted teeth, "I don't hold the same patience for you that Niklaus extends to our mate."

"That's what I'm counting on!" Henrik quipped as he proceeded to kick the seat once more, causing his brother to turn in his seat and scowl at him.

"I'm hungry, can we stop for food?" I ask, diverting Elijah's attention to me.

"We already stopped half an hour ago." Elijah said with a frown.

"That was a toilet break, not a food break." I said and my mate let out an exasperated sigh.

"Niklaus, turn left here and we can stop at the supermarket." Elijah directed his brother.

"I can read road signs, brother." Niklaus snarled back at him and I rolled my eyes.

All of us being in close quarters for long periods of time was already testing all of our patience. Quite frankly, it was a miracle that we were all still alive.

Klaus parked the car outside of a supermarket and I groaned as I got out and stretched my back. Sitting in the same position for hours was absolutely horrendous and I was grateful for this reprieve.

Henrik gave me a lopsided smile as he took my hand and led me into the store. My other mates followed us closely and I took a moment to wink at them over my shoulder. My main entertainment on this road trip was teasing them and it was way too easy to get a rise out of them.

I led Henrik to the readymade sandwich aile and let go of his hand momentarily so I could pick what I wanted to eat. After I threw a couple of things in the basket that Elijah was so courteously holding, a hand slipped into mine and I scowled when I realised it wasn't Henrik's. I immediately dropped it and Klaus let out a sigh.

"When are you going to stop giving me the cold shoulder?" He whispered into my ear, no doubt attempting to seduce me.

"When you quit this stupid mission of yours and undagger your siblings." I replied haughtily.

"As I've already stated many times, that is not going to happen, love." Klaus' replied with gritted teeth and I huffed.

"Then you can expect to remain on my bad side for the foreseeable future." I told him, "And also, quit trying to seduce me. You have the sex appeal of a Smurf."

"You must really like Smurfs," He replied with a smirk.

I gave him my most unimpressed look as I replied, "Go fuck yourself."

"I'd rather you do it for me."

I let out an exasperated sigh and fell back to walk side by side with Elijah.

"Do the daggers work on him?" I asked, only half joking.

"Unfortunately not," Elijah replied, scowling at his younger brother, "Trust me, I've tried."

We grabbed a couple more essentials before Klaus paid for the items and we walked back to the car. I exchanged a knowing look with Henrik once we got back to the car before exclaiming, "Shit, I forgot that my period is due next week. I need to run back in and grab some pads."

"We can grab some at our next stop since you're not due for a couple of days." Klaus suggested, opening the car door.

I crossed my arms as I said, "My cycle can be unpredictable. Trust me, it's better to have a small supply just in case."

"Alright, we'll go back in." Klaus reluctantly agreed, closing the car door.

"It won't take long, you and Elijah wait here!" I suggested and my mates nodded before I walked back over to the store, Henrik close behind me.

Bypassing the feminine hygiene products, I led Henrik into the public bathroom. He muttered a quick soundproofing spell before giving me a nod, indicating that it was safe for me to speak.

"Have you figured out where they are yet?" I asked hopefully.

"The locator spell I did at the last stop whilst you kept them distracted didn't work." Henrik informed me and I nodded sadly, "It was the expected result, Klaus would be stupid not to cloak them."

"Then how do we find them then?" I asked, feeling helpless.

"Have you noticed anyone following us during this little trip?" Henrik asked me, his eyes sparkling.

"No?" I frowned.

"Well, on several occasions, a lorry has caught up to us when we hit traffic or a red light. It's the same lorry every time. Klaus glanced at it a few times and didn't seem at all concerned. I'm guessing that, with all his enemies, he likes to keep his family close." Henrik explained and my eyebrows flew up with surprise.

"So you think that Kol, Rebekah and Finn are in the back of the lorry?" I asked hopefully.

"That's my best guess." Henrik said with a nod and I grinned at him with pride.

"So, what is the plan?"

"When we stop at a motel for the night, the lorry will catch up with us again. Once Klaus and Elijah are asleep, you and I will go and free my siblings." Henrik explained and I threw my arms around him in my excitement. He pressed a kiss to my lips before saying, "Let's go and grab some pads so they don't get suspicious and then let's get back on the road. Tonight, we undagger the rest of your mates."

A/N: Henrik and Morgana are in their scheming era.

In what order would you like Morgana to consummate the bonds with her mates?

Originally published: April 30th 2024