◈8◈

God doesn't seem to want me to be in peace. No buses have free space right now. Again, so early in the morning, the number of buses on the road is also less. So, it is difficult to get a bus at this hour.

I have to go home and get ready and go back to office. Due to the pressure of office work, I can't give enough time to Junho either. He doesn't get his father near him, if he doesn't get his mother now.

Suddenly, I saw a black expensive car coming & it stood in front of me. I saw the driver as the car window rolled down. What I thought...it was none other than Jungkook.

I rolled my eyes seeing him. He said with a kind of soft face, "Wanna get in or stay here untill eight?"

I was helpless. If I don't go with him, I will have to spend a few more hours here. So, I hesitantly got into the car.

"What's the address?" Jungkook asked as he drove.

I told him the address and he drove towards it. There were no words between us, only silence. I was looking outside the window the whole time. I noticed Jungkook glanced at me a few times but I didn't care.

● ● ●

After reaching in front of the house, I got down from the car. Jungkook got out of the car alongside me and said, "Since when do you live in a flat, even in Seoul? I knew you lived in the luxurious house with your parents."

I didn't wanted to answer him. Still, I felt compelled to say, "Thank you for giving me a ride to home. I hope...we don't have to talk again."

"Never talk again?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. We work in the same office, ok. But our relationship should be like any other employees. I don't want to....fight with you everyday about personal matters," I shook my head in annoyance.

"No problem starts unless you start talking.... 'emotionally'," he spoke that word with sarcasm.

I chuckled bitterly, "Well. All my fault."

I gave up. I know Jungkook will never admit his mistakes and never give up. I don't know what he will do if he ever finds out that Junho is his son and he is alive.

As I was about to leave, he said, "Aren't you going to invite your guest over for coffee? Is that how you felicitate a guest?"

I was surprised by his words. Where did he lose all his hatred and contempt? It seems that he lost his memory while sleeping last night.

"I am a very bad person. Don't expect anything good from me. Goodbye," I said and walked away and never looked back.

I don't want Jungkook to enter my life again. Even though my heart doesn't agree, I don't want him to destroy me again. His every word pierced my heart like a bullet. When you love someone from the heart, his every action leaves a deep impression on the heart.

When I entered the apartment, I saw Aunt standing in front of the elevator with Junho in her arms. Junho was crying a lot. He saw me and reached out to come into my arms.

I picked him up and said, "What's wrong, baby? Did you miss mommy? Mommy missed you too. Here mommy is. Hush~."

I tried to calm him down. He quieted down a bit but was still seething. I took her in my lap and turned to the other side.

That black car was still there....... Jungkook?

● ● ●

I went to the office with fear in my heart. Jungkook saw my baby. Now he will do one of these two things. One, insult me ​​as a cheater or two, try to take away my son. The first option is more likely because Jungkook thinks I'm a cheater.

I hate this word the most these days. Because I am being slandered with this word. That is also given by my loved one.

Yes, I still love Jungkook. Why? I don't know that either. Just being around him makes my heart skip a beat and my breath quicken like before. That's all I know. I try to convince myself but why my heart does not understand?

But I did not find any trace of him for a long time. I looked into his office frequently. Still I didn't dare to peek into his office. Suddenly it seemed that I was worried about not seeing him.

When I went to eat in the canteen at noon, I heard that Jungkook didn't come to the office today. He never misses office. Today everyone is shocked that he did not come to office. But I was drowned in my own worries.

Maybe Jungkook was tired from not sleeping well last night, I tried to convince myself that nothing bad happened saying that. But there was a sudden fear in the corner of my mind that maybe he wasn't right.

Jungkook saw my baby today. Is this the reason? Or because of last night? Such questions kept scaring me.

Jungkook was clearly looking at me and especially at Junho, surprised. But he did not come forward. He was standing there. I entered the flat and saw through the window that he was standing there for a while as if he could not believe his eyes. Then he left.

I fear what his next move might be.

----------End of EP 8----------

04/04/2024
Thursday
04:55 AM