eighteen

Dallas saw Edward fixing food for his sister. "You know, mom and dad would have loved to meet you." Dallas says causing Edward to look at him. "You are doing everything for Zaylee and your child. I knew the moment we met, you would be perfect for my sister."

He smiled. "You know, I didn't think anything would happen between me and Zaylee, but I'm glad it did. She has given me a blessing and I don't think I want anyone besides Zaylee Gilbert." He tells him. "Can you go get her?"

"Sure." Dallas says as he walked out to see his sister standing at the top. "Zaylee?"

"I don't feel so good."

Edward heard her and ran out of the kitchen to see Dallas running to her. He caught his sister as she passed out. Looking at Edward who stood at the bottom of the stairs. "I'll take her." He says as he made it up the stairs.

"I'm going with you two." Dallas says as Edward took her in his arms.

Dallas followed him. He saw Bella watching them put Zaylee in the car making him nod at her as he got in and drove off. Million things were running through Edward's mind and one is there is something wrong with this pregnancy. He knows something is wrong and it has him fearing for Zaylee and his baby.
~~~
Bella sat with Dallas as Edward walked out. "How is she?" Dallas asked.

"Carlisle said that Zaylee is fine, just got dizzy." He tells them knowing he couldn't tell them it's the baby. "She'll be fine and so will the baby. She just needs to have plenty of rest and drink a lot of water."

"Thank you, Edward." Dallas tells him. "I'm going to go with Bella and get somethings. Since her breakfast was a waste."

Edward chuckled. "She's going to be made that the food I fixed for her is in the trash since we came here."

"I can have dad clean up the house..."

"I'll do it." Dallas tells her. "It's my house and I know how Zaylee likes it. So it will be that way."

Bella nodded as she knew Dallas would do this as Zaylee doesn't like people cleaning the house differently. She has a type of way and she's seen it and she knows Zaylee Gilbert will make sure that the house is spotless. Walking away, Bella felt Dallas pull her into his arms.

Edward shook his head as he looked at Carlisle. "I hate lying to him. That is Zaylee's best friend and yet, I have to lie to her own brother because they shouldn't know what is happening." He tells him. "I can't lose her or my child."

"And you won't." He says. "We will find a way to save her and that baby."

Edward didn't say a word as he went into Zaylee's room.
~~~
"Edward?" He heard as he walked in with food. "Yummy."

"Yeah." He says as he walked over to her. "So, Carlisle found out what was wrong and knew it was the baby. You need to drink more blood without Dallas knowing."

Zaylee looked at him. "So, the baby is feeding from me and making me sick?" He nodded. "Okay, but how are we not going to make Dallas suspicious?"

"I'll figure something out." He says kissing her. "Get some sleep."
~~~
Victoria saw the couple she's been watching. Since James left her and Laurent won't do her a favor because he is with his mate. She wondered if she actually had a true mate, because she was curious. She doesn't have a plan because she knows, she will be killed if she harms Edward and Zaylee. "Excuse me?" She turned to see a guy with blonde. "Do you know them?'

"No." She says.

"Are your eyes okay?"

"Yes." Victoria replied. "I like wearing contacts and red is my favorite color."

"Cool. I'm Brad."

"Victoria."