Day at the Zoo

[Columbia Symphony Orchestra: Born Free plays in the distance].

Marty: Ahhh-uh-ah-uh-ah-uh-ahhhh! (Swing on a vine).

Penguins: (Singing) Live free and beauty surrounds you. The world still astounds you. Each time you look at a star. Stay free, where no walls divide you. You're free as the roaring tide So there's no need to hide.

 You're free as the roaring tide So there's no need to hide

Alex: Surprise!

Marty: [Screams, Falls, springs into a double somersault and hits his head against the wall. We find out he and Alex are nothing more than animals in the Central Park Zoo in Manhattan] Alex! Do not interrupt me when I'm daydreaming! When a zebra's in the zone, leave him alone.

Alex: Come on, Marty. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday.

Marty: Hey, man, thanks.

Alex: Oh! Ah! Ooh! Hey, um, I got s-I got something stuck in my teeth. It's driving me crazy. Can you help me? Please?

Marty: Ah! You came to the right place, my friend. Dr. Marty, D.D.S., is in the house. Please hop on top of my sterilized examination table, if you may. [Alex hops onto a brick wall separating Marty's pen from another's and opens his mouth] I don't see anything.

Alex: It's on the left.

Marty: Ow!

Alex: Oh, sorry.

Marty: OK, just don't talk with your mouth full. Aha! Right in here. [Marty pulls out of his mouth a small miniature snowglobe] What the heck is this doing in there?

Alex: Happy birthday!

Marty: Aw, hey, thanks, man. You put it in behind the tooth. You all right.

Alex: These aren't even on the shelf yet. Here. Check it out. Check it out. (Shakes the globe to reveal a sculpture of him in the center of the snowglobe) Look at that. Ooh! Look at that. Ooh!

Marty: Look at that. It's snowing.

Alex: Ten years old, huh? A decade. Double digits. The big 1-0. [A frown stretches on Marty's face] You don't like it?