◈9◈

[Jungkook POV]

Is that baby Y/N's? She didn't abort that? But why?

A thousand such questions weighed heavily on my mind. After seeing the baby I am so sickened by so many thoughts that now I am weak.

The child felt very special. Seeing his face, affection rose in my heart. It seems as if we have an invisible bond. I didn't see his face that clearly, but it looked a lot like me.

But how is it possible? I denied this kid calling her a cheater. So, why just by looking at him, my heart is pulling? Why do I want to take him in my arms, to caress?

Meanwhile I can't keep myself away from Y/N. I can't control my heartbeat when I see her. I want to bring her to me under any pretext and keep her with me. I couldn't control myself last night either. I could not control my own lips when I saw her trembling pairs. Looking into her eyes, I feel like she was telling the truth. I felt that this sea deep, pearl like eyes cannot lie. With my head on her chest, I slept peacefully last night after many years.

When Y/N saw me staring at her, there was fear in her eyes. As if she was hiding something. She hurriedly went inside with the baby in her arms. And I stood stunned and confused.

I can't....Ah. I can't help myself. Why Y/N, why are you back in front of me, in my life?

I spent the whole day lying in bed. It is now 8 o'clock. This is when Y/N and I got stuck in the office last night. A smile tugged at the corner of my lips at the thought of it. I don't know what she is doing now. I haven't seen her for a long time today. I even don't know whether she went to office or not.

I decided to hang out with friends to calm my mind. My friend list include only Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin in Seoul. I invited them to hang out at a bar we are familiar of.

●  ●  ●

[Author's POV]

"Ah…" Jungkook echoed in pleasure as he placed the empty wine bottle on the table.

"Jungkook, it's been too much. We don't want to come to the bar with you because you get too drunk. It's too much trouble to get you home then," Jimin said, pushing the bottles away from him.

"I'm…sorry….I'm…trouble for everyone. But… But don't tell…Y-Y/N…I've been... drinking. She'll be…a-angry," he stuttered at each word.

Jimin and Namjoon looked at each other. They realized that Jungkook could never move on from Y/N. But suddenly he burst into tears.

"Jungkook, what happened?" Jimin asked in surprise.

"I...I don't feel...well," he said through tears.

"Jungkook, is something wrong with you & Y/N again?" Namjoon asked directly because they are friends. Jungkook would feel lighter if he shared with them.

"She-she is driving me crazy, torturing me, subjugating me under her spell. I can't live. I can't be away from her. I feel at peace when she's around," Jungkook was still crying.

"It's okay, Jungkook. Calm down," Jimin tried to calm him down.

"And…that baby... She didn't abort it. Seeing him, I…" Jungkook couldn't say anymore. He started getting dull.

"What should I do now? I can't get rid of this feeling?" he mumbled while resting his head on the table.

Namjoon sighed & said, "Jungkook, listen to me carefully."

Jungkook looked up at him. He continued, "What we see may not always be true. God may have met you again for some purpose. You check if she is actually your child or not. Only then will you know if Y/N is a cheater or not.”

Jungkook closed his eyes and thought over Namjoon's words. His words are true. Maybe I saw it wrong but...

"Okay. I'll definitely look into it," Jungkook said, sitting up straighter.

●  ●  ●

[Y/N POV]

I started to worry a lot about Jungkook. After what happened between us that night, he saw Junho. I don't know how he feels now. I don't know anyone to ask about him.

"Aunt, the taxi will be here in a moment. Are your necessaries all packed?" I asked.

"Yes. Y/N, I repeat, I'm not that sick to go to the hospital."

"Do not argue. You suffer from stomach aches every day. Not anymore. The doctor said you'll be fine with this therapy," I smiled.

"And if I don't come back?"

My heart trembled at her question. "Please don't ever say that again," I said sternly.

She chuckled and said, "Well, I won't say. But if I'm hospitalized, how will I work and who will take care of Junho?"

"You don't have to work anymore. I'm working, that's enough. And I fixed the day care center for Junho."

"Where? Junho is little. It's not safe to keep him far away," she said in a worried tone.

"The ground floor of the office has place to keep babies and also babysitters. Many employees keep their babies there."

"Okay then. But take care of yourselves."

"I'll visit you every day. Don't worry," I smiled sweetly.

●  ●  ●

That night of that day passed. I went to the office the next day hoping that Jungkook would come today. I breathed a sigh of relief when I knew he had came. Although I am afraid of how he will react, I am happy to know that he is fine.

I want to meet him but do not want it at the same time. But it is better to solve all problems face to face than to hide. One of my files is complete at the right time. I went to his office with that.

He was working normally in his office. But he was looking a bit restless & sweaty. Maybe he didn't expect my sudden appearance. A little startled, he said, "It doesn't have to be given now. It must be taken during the meeting."

Saying this, he turned his attention back to his work. I expected him to ask me something but no. I stood there for a while and then walked away ignored.

What happened to him?

------------End of the EP 9-----------

04/04/2024
Thursday
09:30 PM