Ch13 - Liar liar, pants on fire

WARNING: 

Use of provocative and foul language.

***

By 11:00 pm on Saturday night, there were 15 missed calls, 20 messages of New on Tay's phone. By Sunday night, the messages increased to close to 50 and missed calls close to 60. On Monday morning New was waiting for Tay at the entry. Tay did not even spare him a glance and went over to talk to Namtan in the lobby. New couldn't create a scene inside office but Tay's frayed attention from him to Namtan somehow reminded him of his parents' distorted attention from him to Phuwin.

If Tay wants to play ignorance game, trust New to play it better. He went to his desk and put all of the Tay's client-files last in the list of priority ones even though all their financial reports were completely ready from his end.

At 8:30 am, when Tay came to his desk and checked his calendar, his head ached looking it his schedule. Three submissions scheduled for his clients' companies. And his clients' financials are handled by none other than the love of his life who apparently lied to him to go out with his ex-boyfriend or may be his current boyfriend. Who knows he didn't lie about that? Who knows if Earth has already taken Tay's place in New's life? Sorry. Strike that. Actually, Earth has always held a place much higher and above than his place in New's life. How did he forget that?

Tay drafted the most formal email he has ever written in his life through company email portal.

Dear Mr Techaapaikhun,

Greetings of the day!

I am hereby, writing this mail to request you to handover the files of the following clients as they are scheduled to be submitted today to the clients:

1) Sathorn Private Limited

2) Rivera Private Limited

3) Phunawat & Phubodin Partnership Firm

I am hoping to receive the files at the earliest today with your kind cooperation.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Tay Tawan Vihokratna

New's blood boiled. Tay was sending email but not a single reply to his messages. It was good, the second last line of the email worked as a cooling agent despite it just being a formal email protocol.

By 4 pm, Tay came back to office after successfully procuring one new client for his organization. The little joy on his face was faded when he did not find the files on his desk. His patience was growing thin. He waited till 5 pm. Still no files. He finally called New, no response. Twice, thrice. Still no response. He stormed to Finance department. He gave his nods in the form of greetings to AJ and JJ and walked towards New's desk.

"New?"

New did not spare him a single glance just like Tay did it in the morning and continued to work on his PC, feeling victorious with Tay's presence but still boiling inside.

"New?" Tay said again in a suppressed tone, controlling his anger.

"Yes Te?" New spoke.

"I need the files."

"They are not ready."

"I know you keep them ready at least 2 days before the deadline."

"They are not here. Why don't you come and collect them from my place in the evening?" Again, without even sparing a glance.