Ch16 - Be my moral support

Earth has had enough. In a period of six months of going out with New, there wasn't a single day that New did not mention Tay in their conversation.

New spending the night at Tay's, did not sit right with him.

He has been waiting to get complete attention of New since the day he decided to get New back. It was time to put an end to everything TayNew. Earth slept over with this thought. The next morning, he came to New's desk, it was empty. He knew where he must be. He trotted his impatient ass in Tay's department.

He talked a vague talk with Shahkrit in sales department and moved to Tay's desk where, of course New stood hovering over Tay – who was seated on his chair.

Earth moved towards them and passed his greetings, "Oh hello, I knew you would be here. Good morning Nuu."

"Hey good morning Earth. How are you here?" New smiled and responded.

When Tay came in a visible parameter, Earth talked to him as well. "How are you now Tay? Hope you are doing well."

So New told him I was unwell. Thought Tay. "Hey I am good. Much better."

"Of course, you would be. New was there with you after all. He is good at taking care of people."

New felt a little embarrassed but he chose to just smile.

Tay smiled and replied, "He indeed is very good at that. I am happy I get to have this friendship with him."

There was genuineness in his tone. No puns. No double entendre. However, it also screamed loudly, that whatever that is, Tay & New are going to keep it. And it is there to last. The friendship. It isn't going anywhere.

Earth had to throw back. What better time than a taut situation like this to pull and release the arrow he has been sharpening since half a year.

"Indeed. Then as a friend you have to fulfil all your duties when I wed this man." Earth said sliding his hand around New's waist.

Tay felt the entire blood in his body drying out the very instant. He was surprised how he was still sitting on the chair intact and not break into pieces and fall off the chair.

"Earth? We are still young. We have a lot of time." New countered despite feeling it absolutely unnecessary to hold this conversation in front of Tay. He felt awkward and sad to have Tay go through this.

Tay interrupted when he found his voice, "Well of course. You can count on me for that. Now if you two may please excuse me, I got to make some calls." Tay hopes Earth doesn't get a wind of the thick air that's running between New and him right now.

At request, Earth and New moved towards the lobby leaving Tay alone with—well, leaving Tay alone. Earth walked faster and ahead of New which clearly portrayed Earth's disappointment.

"Earth?" New screamed from behind, "Wait."

Earth stopped.

"What's wrong? I am just asking isn't it too early?"

"We are soon to be 26 years old. How is that early? I fail to understand. And when have the age ever mattered when two people love one another?"

"It's not, like that Earth. Just listen to me."

"No. You listen to me New. I have been trying my best since last six months to convince my parents. And I am so tired now that if they don't agree, I don't care anymore. I am tired of waiting and waiting to love you. Why can't I fully have what I love? Why do I deserve to wait any longer than I already have?" Earth said in a single breath, making sure of maintaining the office decorum in the lobby.