CHAPTER 3- A DAY TO REMEMBER

Ashram..

Subatra Devi looked at the letter feeling horrified that Anjali's marriage was broken and she is getting married again, that too with Raghavendra Pratap Rathore.

Ratna was adamant on getting Anjali married to Raghu, her friend Usha's son. Compare to Malik family, Rathore family was hundred times more powerful.

Arvind was elated to have such family as in law but... Subatra knew there was something brewing inside that Rathore family. She tried to explain it her son, saying she was getting bad feelings about that alliance but her son refused to listen to this old lady.

Then on the day of marriage, her daughter in law and son commit suicide. To this day she believes that this is all because of certain curse of Rathore family.

Then she also heard the news of union between ahuja and Rathore, Raghu married Ahuja's daughter. But that happiness also didn't last very long when their ancestoral home caught on fire causing Shiv Rathore and his wife's death. Yashna also died soon after giving birth to her son.

Leaving Raghavendra Pratap Rathore all alone.

It's almost like he is the cursed one. Now he is marrying Anjali again? Is Anjali seeking death? That guy is a very bad news to any woman..

"Maa Ji, please have your medicines." Subatra saw her caretaker handing her medicine and a glass of water.

"My family is leading toward a chaos unknowingly.. I must go there.. To Delhi as soon as possible. Neelam you also come with me." Dadi said urgently.

"Ji? Me? But.." Neelam was taken aback by sudden invitation leaving the ashram, she been here for almost 6 years taking care of Subatra Devi Malik ever since but this is the first time she is going out.

"We're leaving." Subatra command, leaving her no choice but to obey.

___________

The next day,

Everyone in the family are quite surprised seeing Dadi so suddenly, she didn't even bother inform them about visit.

"Subha? What a sudden visit?" Nani asked, Dadi sat down while HP served her a cup of hot tea without sugar.

Dadi dismissed HP, she doesn't like have servants around when they are having family talks.. But Neelam stayed by her side.

"I don't find need to inform when you also didn't bother inform me about my grandkids life. I left them in your care after Avish (her second son) threw them out.. But I never abandoned them. I still care for them.." She expressed her regrets.

"Subha.."

Dadi decide to be straight to the point, "I heard Anjali is marrying Rathore? Is that right?"

Nani gulped while Anjali spoke up, "Haan Dadi."

Subatra control her emotions, "Anjali, the last time you tried marry, we lost two of our family in a tragedy. Do you wish for the same to happen again?"

Anjali felt all of this stuff absurd, "Dadi, I didn't believe in it anymore.. I prayed day and night but my former husband turn out to be a scum.. Rathore is a good man and I believe my life with be better with him." Anjali is determined to be Mrs RATHORE after all.

Mamiji also agreed, "Haan that two timing bastard totally destroyed Anjali's trust."

Dadi sighed, "Call pandit, I would like check out if there anything wrong with their kundali."

"Sure Subha." Nani agreed.

Dadi glanced at Mamiji, "And you, while are wearing so much make up and jewellery at home? Is this house or circus?"