Chapter 9.

"Eh, Leech? Wakey Wakey."

Knox stirred awake, his eyes crusted shut from the crimson that caked his face. It was then a bucket of water was thrown at him, making him freeze in his spot as the blood became wet again letting it slide down his face onto the metal. The metal gag that was inserted into his mouth, not allowing his fangs to be a problem anymore for the mutts. Ah yes, he did kill a few already by sinking or nipping his fangs into them, letting their bodies corrode and the flesh begin to melt from the poison within.

Knox wasn't scared, if anything he was intrigued. If they were keeping him, there had to be a reason he was alive. Being as old as time has made him... impulsive at times. And while he tried to maintain the bloodthirsty creature within him, he always liked to play with his meal beforehand. And if he was going to be trapped in this god-awful place, he'd have his fun first.

He flashed the guard his reddened eyes, his hands twitching beside him wanting to grab him and twist his neck until it popped off. 

The guard gruffed at him, "Meal time." As he slid the pitiful ounce of blood in a paper cup to the cell door. Knox scoffed to himself, rolling his eyes as he raised a brow. Through the muffled metal clamp Knox tonelessly replied, "And how do you suppose I drink that Hund?"

Knox had been here for three days, he could go much longer without blood but...he was becoming antsy. But he knew...he knew how to control himself. He had it engrained into him after they died. But it was always creeping up on him, begging to be released. The hunger within him died down after he finally met Alexander, but it was waiting in the back of his mind. They had a word for what he was like, a reason he couldn't feed straight from the veins of humans. It tended to not end well for them, as Knox would lose himself in the cravings. But then he met the little, fiery woman who pushed it farther away. God how he missed them, deeply. And hatred for these Lycans pushed his sanity further, as now he was even farther to come back to them. 

Blood controlled him, but it also fueled him. He wouldn't have lasted this long if it wasn't for it. 

But he was the covetous. 

Knox feigned trying to stand, faking a collapse as he coughed into the metal gag. The guard seemed to find joy in Knox's pain, but if he only knew...

"Will you come in and take it off for me?", Knox asked mischievously as his eyes watched the guard with a manipulative gaze. He craved a fresher meal than that cup, perhaps this dog was as stupid as the last. But the guard laughed at him, his face red as the sweat glowed under the jail lighting. Knox's lips twitched upwards, hidden from view as the guard stepped closer placing his hands on the cell bars. Just a little closer...

"Listen Fang face, be grateful you're getting anything. Use that fucking head of yours and fig-", but his words were silenced as Knox's hand sprung quickly around his neck. The pain erupting from the guard's face brought him nothing but twisted joy, as he whispered to the sputtering lycan, "You seem to underestimate me..."

"I am older than centuries, and your kind knows nothing of the power that I wield. So...", the guard began to gurgle as blood began to pour out from his mouth, down his chin as Knox applied more pressure to his windpipe. Knox's chest rumbled in a mix of a growl and chuckle as he asked with his reddened eyes, "Where is that pesky key, huh?"

'BANG!

BANG!

BANG!'

Shots fired through the hall, inching their way into Knox's torso throwing him against the wall as the guard he injured slowly slipped down the bars. The pain was greater than anything, but Knox craved the pain, craved the feeling of agony; it told him he was alive. As the rumbles of chuckles left Knox's lips, he winced and plunged his fingers into his body pulling out the golden bullet. Holding it to the light, he twirled the crimson-covered shell as his eyes cast to the multiple guards running towards them to save their comrade. He heard the shout of one, holding the pistol as he screamed, "Next one is in your skull."

"You'll need more than that, boy", Knox grumbles with a wide smile under his cage before he lunges and the cell bars his hand shaking violently. Pleasure erupted through his veins as he saw the fear within the guard's eyes, their feet taking them back a few feet making him laugh manically. Suddenly, Knox's hearing picked up on a much larger man walking down the hall through an open door, wearing a lab coat with different badges on the pocket square. He stood watching Knox before turning his head to the three guards standing by thundering, "The doctor wants to see that one."

"Kom inn, jeg utfordrer deg", Knox coxed the man but he was only answered by the lab-coated man reaching behind him with a strange gun, a tank on top of the barrel making Knox slightly on edge. The man handed it to the guard who pulled the other dead mutt out of the hallway, "Use this."

"Når dette er over, skal jeg rive skinnet av beina dine og mate deg med det. Jeg skal vise deg den barmhjertigheten du viste meg, jeg lover deg MUTTS!", but his words meant nothing to them as the gun is fired into his chest. This wasn't a bullet, it was a tranquillizer. 

Knox understood that as his feet began to wobble, however, he was always stronger than he looked. And he planned to take as many of them out before he met his fate at the hand of this 'doctor'. As he began to fall back, he focused his ears on the unlocking cells. The footsteps of heavy boots entered the decrepit cell, Knox with the last of his will sprung up grabbing the first boy to enter snapping his head clean off his body before he was grabbed quickly and thrown to the mossy walls.

As the shouts became softer, and the screams of demand silenced in his ears, he could only feel his chest rumbling with laughter.

It's time for my appointment with the Doctor...

____________________

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter but it seems like I have a condition called 'writer's block' -_-

I'll be on vacation, and hopefully, I can destress and get some writing done. I hope you enjoyed the little insight into what Knox is enduring. It's not pretty, but I do love writing about his darker side. 

I also have to go back and edit NDE because I got some comments saying that it was basically unreadable from the grammar, so that is also on my to-do list lol. But no hate for the person at all, I always do appreciate constructive criticism as it does better you as a writer :)

Until next time xx

-Winterwriter