Chapter 10.

"About?"

I knew what he wanted to talk about, and how would I lie now? How would I protect him from the truth if I couldn't pull the wool over his eyes? He's unable to be tangled, able to weave his way to the fact so easily.

His gaze softened, "Come, let's get you a drink", he muttered as he moved further into the room. I watched him swiftly walk around the couch towards the bar cart in the corner by a fireplace as he raised a brow at my quietness, "Would you like one?"

"Please", I murmured as I followed towards him. Remembering Maggie's words about the rumour of Elodia running out of here, I couldn't smell any blood around me. But I smelled something of an anomia scent as my eyes surveyed the carpet. Perhaps he had it cleaned...

The tension around us was thick, I'd prefer him yelling at me than this silence. It was deafening, suffocating as I waited for him to speak. I watched as he poured a crystal tumbler glass halfway, my taste buds salivating at the sight of the amber liquid. I did love my scotch, and I did like how he kept a fresh bottle as if he knew.

"I want to talk about what happened in the forest, but...", he started as he walked over handing me the cool glass. My eyes watched the swirling liquid, unable to meet his eyes. However, he spoke gently, "I know if you are keeping something from me, there's a good reason. And I won't push it."

My eyes nearly bulged out of my head as my neck snapped up to look at him. He almost seemed defeated, but he sank into a gentle demeanour as he gazed at me with an understanding smile, "Xander-"

"Wait, and I want to apologize for grabbing you like that. It was wrong of me, I shouldn't have grabbed a woman like that, let alone my beloved. Let alone you. I love you Adelaide, and...", his words flowed off his tongue easily as he reached a hand up and cupped my cheek. Instinctively, I leaned into the touch letting the little sparks tickle every nerve.

"I'm sorry I don't show it well enough, but I love you. With my heart and soul. So...until you're ready to talk to me about it I will wait for you. It is my fault you are now what you are, and I can't imagine what you are going through. But I need you to know that you are not alone and that I am always here to help you, to hold you...to comfort you. Anything you need from me, take it. I will give it blindly", he said sweetly as his thumb caressed my cheek while my eyes filled with tears.

As a single tear fell I mumbled to him, "Xander I want to tell you, more than ever..."

"Don't cry my love, whatever it is isn't worth these tears", he stopped me as he grabbed the cup from my hands and placed it on the table next to the couch. My head shook as more tears followed, "I'm scared Xander...I don't know who I am anymore. I want to tell you. I really do. But..."

"But what?", he asked gently as he grabbed my hands. My eyes looked at our intertwined palms, sinking into the feeling of the bond shooting up my arms. Looking back at his kind eyes, I muttered quietly, "It's not safe, not yet. But I will tell you, I promise. I don't break those." My words seemed to make him chuckle as he brought me into a hug. His head rested on top of my head as he whispered, "I know you don't darling, I know."

Slowly, Xander pulled back as he looked deep into my eyes while they flickered down to my lips. In a sudden heat of passion, our lips were connected as one filling me with a sense of euphoria. His touch took hold of me, enlightening me as the world around us faded into nothing. All I needed was here, all I needed was him right now. Through his kiss, he put his hands on my cheek as he whispered to me, "You say you don't know who you are", before bringing me back into a peck.

With each kiss, he spoke, "You are strong."

"You are brave."

"You are loved."