Nora - The Unmagic #2!

Nora's shoes thumped on the hard ground as she ran through the foggy street.

"Nora," his voice spooked her. She always knew he was there when the fog started, but it still scared her a bit. Nora froze in place waiting to see him. There was only one person that raspy, scratchy voice could belong to.

"Hello Nora." The fog cleared to see his face. Not enough to see the rest of his body but Nora could tell from the state of his face it was probably best she didn't see the rest of him.

"So Scarlet is playing hard to get," Nora asked.

"Very hard, he sent the beast after me." Lucky told her.

"No, he didn't! I thought the beast was dead." Nora's jaw fell open.

"It is now, but I think Scarlet can bring it back to life." Lucky said. "As you know, having an enemy with that kind of power is dangerous."

"But having an ally with that power would be good not just for us but everyone." Nora told him. "Maybe he could break my charm?"

"Nora, his magic is strong, but not charm-breaking strong." Lucky said firmly. Nora had never seen Lucky use his magic but she heard from Piper that he used Soul Magic. Nora didn't really know what soul magic was but she heard it was a kind of magic using ghouls and the undead to fight for you. It sounded cool, but dead things were unsettling for her. Maybe it was best she didn't see him use it.

"No magic is strong enough," Nora sighed.

"That's not true, you need to find someone with Charm Magic." Lucky said.

"Ah yes, the hardest kind of magic to learn." Nora said unhappily.

"Charms wouldn't be as crazy and unbelievable if the magic needed to use them wasn't the hardest to learn." Lucky licked his lips and leaned against the side of a building. He looked up and sneered. "Remember when you put Podders' bar out of business?"

"Don't change the subject." Nora told him. Lucky laughed.

"C'mon Nora, isn't this getting a little boring? I mean, we've been over this 5 times. Charm Magic is the hardest to learn so idiots who don't know what they're doing don't learn it and hurt people." Lucky sighed and sat down on the ground. He rested his head on his knees. "Nora, I promise I'll help you find someone."

"I know," Nora sat down beside him. "It just hurts to see how much pain you're in."

Lucky laughed.

"You're too kind for your own good. Be cruel sometimes." Nora laughed.

"Never!" She shouted. The fog had cleared away now, she could see his whole body. Lucky had bite marks all over his arms and legs. The plum of his right hand was burned. "Lucky!" She gasped and stood up.

"What-" Lucky started, then he realised. Nora bent over him.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I told you, Scarlet sent the beast after me."

_______________________________________________________________________________

10/10. Scarlet is from Blood Scarlet which is book 2 of Nora. I would add that story to this book but I wrote it on paper and now I can't find the paper. Scarlet is from the human world but he picked up on magic quickly and mastered it super fast. Scarlet's beast is his familar (familars are uncommon in the magic world, they're not hard to get but most people just don't bother with them since binding them is a long and boring process). I LOVE LUCKY SO MUCHHHH!!!