Locked In Sydrome

I stood there and watched as the nurses came and rolled her over onto her side. She stared at me, begging to be let free. A few days ago my sister had lost all ability to move, the doctors quickly learned she had locked in sydrome. She was able to move her eyes and close her eyelids but she couldn't do anything else. I sighed.

"Goodbye Amelia, I'll see you later." I said. I waved to her and left the room. I exited the building and saw my mom in the car waiting for me to get in. I nodded and opened the passnager's side door, I slipped in and buckled up.

"Is she doing well?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, she's okay. The nurses are really nice and are taking good care of her." I replied. My eyes wondered upwards and I stared at the car roof for the rest of the ride home. I imagined this was what it was like to be her. Not being able to look at something more interesting, or not being able to move when you're uncomfortable. The only thing is, I am able to look at something more interesting, and if I'm uncomfortable, I can move. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

4/10. I do like it, but I lost the energy to finish it. This was heavily inspired by the music video for Vampire by Johnnie Guilbert. Just wish I went a different path for it. Locked in Sydrome is very complex and I don't feel like explaining it so I recommend looking it up. I learned about it from a true crime podcast talking about Lacy Fletchers.