Oh

Aurora sat in her parked car, her fingers hovering over her phone screen. She hesitated, debating whether to send Alex a text. There were things on her mind, things she wanted to share, but a wave of uncertainty held her back. She sighed, her gaze fixed on the screen as she wrestled with her thoughts. After a moment of contemplation, she finally typed out a message, her thumb hesitating over the send button before she pressed it, sending the text off into the digital abyss.

Fav Singer
Hey Alex, I know you are probably busy right now but I just have to ask real quick, do you know a Kayla?

Scotty A
Kayla? No I don't think I do
Why?

Fav Singer
Oh um ok thanks
Don't worry

Scotty A
Are you sure?

Fav singer
Yeh don't worry scotty
Actually, Alex.
I know you are Leah's friend before mine but you would tell me if something was happening right?

Scotty A
Of course I would Aurora
Why what's happening?
Do I need to talk to Leah?

Fav Singer
Thanks Alex
Don't worry about it I'm probably being stupid anyway
No
Please don't mention this to Leah

~ Alex ~

Alex sat with furrowed brows, her phone held tightly in her hand as she read Aurora's message. Confusion rippled through her, mingling with a touch of concern. She reread the text, trying to decipher its meaning, but it only left her feeling more puzzled.

"Who's Kayla?" she muttered to herself, her mind racing with questions. Why was Aurora asking about someone she didn't know? Was there something she should be worried about? Why didn't Aurora want Leah knowing? The uncertainty gnawed at her, leaving a knot of unease in the pit of her stomach.

Before she could think more on the topic, Leah entered the room. Alex glanced up, offering a warm smile. "Ready to head out?"

"Yeah, I'm leaving now," Leah replied casually.

"Need a lift?" Alex asked, gathering her things.

Leah shook her head. "No, my friend's picking me up."

Alex raised an eyebrow playfully. "Leah, you don't need to say 'friend.' We both know Aurora is more than just a friend," she teased.

Leah's smile faltered momentarily. "Actually, no. It's my friend Kayla," she replied, her tone a touch uncertain.

Alex's expression froze, her eyes widening as she remembered her recent conversation with Aurora. She quickly masked her surprise and nodded. "Got it. I'll just grab my boots and join you."

As they walked out together, Alex couldn't shake off her curiosity. "So, why isn't Aurora picking you up?" she asked casually.

Leah shrugged. "She's just busy, I guess. Got stuff to do," she replied.

"And who's Kayla?" Alex probed further.

Leah hesitated for a moment before answering. "Oh, she's just a friend. She's visiting for a bit," she explained, though her response seemed a bit rehearsed.