Finished the album, wanna hear?

A few weeks had passed since that night on the beach, and now Aurora found herself in the bustling streets of London. It was a week before New Year's, and she had travelled to the city to celebrate her friend's birthday in style.

The air was electric with anticipation as Aurora and her friends made their way through the neon-lit streets toward the club. Excitement bubbled up inside her as she imagined the night ahead, the promise of music, laughter, and dancing filling her with anticipation.

As they reached the entrance to the club, the pulsating bass thudded through the air, beckoning them inside. Inside, the music was deafening, the beat pounding in time with Aurora's racing heart. She laughed and danced with her friends, the energy of the crowd infectious as they lost themselves in the music and the moment.

Aurora found herself swept up in the joyous atmosphere of her friend's birthday celebration. As she made her way to the bar to fetch another round of shots, she collided with someone in the bustling crowd. Looking up, she saw Katie standing before her, a surprised expression on her face.

"What are you doing here?" Aurora asked, genuinely curious about the unexpected encounter.

Katie smiled, her eyes glinting with amusement. "Just a team night out," she replied, gesturing to the group of players behind her.

Aurora nodded, understanding dawning on her. "Ah, it's my friend's birthday," she explained, her excitement evident in her voice.

Katie's smile widened, and she glanced around the crowded club. "Well then, let me get your drinks," she offered, a twinkle of mischief in her eyes. "And I can say happy birthday to your friend."

Aurora's face lit up with gratitude, touched by Katie's gesture. "That would be great, thanks," she replied, stepping aside to let Katie take the lead. Together, they navigated through the pulsating crowd, heading toward the bar to join forces in celebrating Aurora's friend's special day.

As they reached Aurora's group of friends, she quickly introduced Katie to the lively bunch, the music thumping in the background. Amidst the cheers and laughter, one of her friends couldn't resist a playful jab, remarking, "The hot Irish footballer, yeah? I know you!"

A mischievous grin danced across Katie's lips as she turned to Aurora, teasing, "You think I'm hot, huh?"

Aurora simply winked in response, a playful twinkle in her eye.

After exchanging pleasantries with Aurora's friends, Katie gently reminded Aurora of her obligations. "I just came to say happy birthday," she explained, her tone warm yet tinged with regret. "But I've gotta get back to the team before they think I've gone missing. You wanna come say hi?"

Aurora hesitated for a moment, torn between the comfort of her friends and the allure of seeing the arsenal girls again. Sensing her hesitation, Katie leaned in discreetly, her voice low. "Leah isn't there right now," she whispered.

Encouraged by Katie's invitation and her friends' supportive chorus, Aurora felt a surge of excitement coursing through her veins. With a grin, she turned to Katie, nodding in agreement. "Lead the way," she echoed, her voice laced with anticipation.

As they approached the group, Beth's voice cut through the music, drawing Aurora's attention. "Aurora!" she exclaimed, her face lighting up with genuine excitement. "Haven't seen you in a while!"

Aurora's smile widened as she embraced Beth in a warm hug. "I know, it's been too long," she replied, feeling a sense of familiarity wash over her.

Alex stood nearby, her demeanour slightly reserved, perhaps still processing the unexpected yet deserved words from Alexia. Nevertheless, Aurora greeted her with a friendly hug, the tension easing as their conversation flowed naturally.