Finally Happy?

(A/N: this chapter wasn't planned but i feel like its needed to understand the next bit)

The friendly match of football between Katie, Lauryn, and Aurora started off as a playful sibling rivalry. As they kicked the ball back and forth, Aurora found herself teaming up with Lauryn, and together, they began to dominate the game.

With swift passes and precise shots, they turned the match into a showdown between the sisters and Aurora. Eventually, it came down to Katie and Aurora facing off, both determined to win.

To everyone's surprise, Aurora managed to outmanoeuvre Katie and score the winning goal. With a playful smirk, she quipped, "Aren't you supposed to be the professional here?"

Lauryn chimed in, teasing her sister, "Yeah, Katie, aren't you supposed to be the best?"

Aurora laughed, shaking her head. "Oh, no, definitely not the best. That title belongs to Alexia."

Katie raised an eyebrow, curious. "Where did you learn to play like that?"

Aurora shrugged casually. "In Barcelona."

Katie's eyes widened in recognition. "Oh yeah you were in the Barcelona Femeni story. At their training right?"

Aurora nodded with a grin. "Yep, Alexia dragged me there and made me join. I used to train at La Masia before I stopped playing football."

Lauryn's excitement bubbled over as she bombarded Aurora with questions about her time at La Masia and why she stopped playing. Aurora simply shrugged, her gaze drifting off as she casually mentioned, "Alexia was going and I had the opportunity to go as well, so I thought, why not?"

Katie looked directly at Aurora, her expression curious yet gentle. "So, how come you talk about Alexia more than Leah, if you grew up with both of them?"

Aurora's heart skipped a beat as she processed the question. It was a delicate topic, one she hadn't fully prepared to discuss. She tensed slightly, searching for a way to navigate the conversation without revealing too much.

"Oh, you saw that interview then?" Aurora interjected, her voice a touch lighter, hoping to shift the focus away from the question at hand.

Katie's eyebrow arched slightly, sensing Aurora's attempt to steer the conversation elsewhere. "Yeah, I did," she replied evenly, her gaze still fixed on Aurora, prompting her to continue.

Lauryn seized the moment to add a playful jab. "Ella was freaking out when she heard you say you wanted to meet Katie," she chimed in with a mischievous grin, enjoying the chance to tease her sister.

Aurora laughed, grateful for the change in topic. "Oh really. And what about during the game where I was asked about Katie?," she asked, joining in on the teasing.

"Oh she was still freaking out but she wasn't that happy that Katie got your attention and not her" Just then, Ella joined them outside, catching the tail end of the conversation. Playfully, she nudged Lauryn. "Stop exposing me," she said with a laugh. Aurora just laughed along, thankful for the light-hearted moment amidst the deeper discussion.

As the evening settled, casting a soft golden hue over the landscape, Katie found a moment to pull Aurora aside. "I know we haven't known each other long," she began, her tone gentle yet probing, "but when I asked about Leah, your whole mood changed. Is everything okay?"

Aurora met Katie's gaze, her expression softening with a sigh. "Mmhm, just some stuff happened," she replied vaguely, her eyes betraying a hint of melancholy.

Katie pressed on gently, her concern evident. "Is that why you were crying at the airport?" she asked, her voice tinged with empathy.

Another sigh escaped Aurora's lips as she nodded. "Yeah, it was, but it's okay," she assured Katie quickly, not wanting to burden her newfound friend with the weight of her troubles. "Don't worry about it, and definitely don't let it ruin your friendship with Leah," she added hastily, a hint of anxiety creeping into her voice.