Let's Get Started

Hey everyone, how are you finding the story so far? I'd love to hear your thoughts and get plenty of feedback, so don't hold back on the comments!

"Kabir, I get how you're feeling, but," I paused, choosing my words carefully, "I don't think it's a wise move."

"Why not?" He raised an eyebrow, waiting for my explanation.

I pressed my lips together, considering how to phrase it. "Firstly, he has Sana's reputation in his hands. Any misstep from us could ruin everything she's worked for. Her career would be in jeopardy, and I doubt she'd want that. And I'm sure you wouldn't either."

"So, what's the plan? Sit idly by and just swallow this bitter truth about Arjun molesting and blackmailing his actors?" Raghav's voice was tinged with disappointment.

I shook my head slowly. "No, that's not the point. But we need to be realistic here. Confronting him won't magically solve everything. Do you really think he'll just admit to his wrongdoings if we ask him nicely? It's not going to be that simple. He'll deny everything."

"Who said anything about asking him nicely?" Kabir's tone was sharp.

"So what's your plan then? Beat him up until he confesses everything to the police?" I retorted. "Violence is never the solution, Kabir. Just look at the consequences of violence in the past. Your sister is in a coma because of it. Violence only escalates problems, it never resolves them."

"Hey, as much as I detest shortcake's guts and sanity, I gotta agree," Aditya chimed in from his lounging position on the floor, drawing our attention with his unexpected input. "I know y'all think I'm all about violence, but let me set the record straight—I'm not into it for no reason. I've got a thing for it, only when it's pointed my way. Call it a touch of masochism," he said, a crazed glint in his eye as he grinned.

"I think that's a bit too much information," I muttered, feeling a tad uncomfortable with the direction of the conversation.

"Hey, that's just me being me," he grinned mischievously. "But if I could put in my two cents, I'd suggest gathering hard evidence against him first—something concrete, something he can't wiggle out of. Like a video clip or recording. That's the kind of stuff the police can't ignore."

Kabir's gaze bore into him sharply. "I know there's more. Spit it out."

His grin turned sickly sweet. "Ah, my ice prince, you always catch me. Well, yes, there's a little twist. I happen to know about a certain video clip, thanks to Sana's confessions in our sessions. But here's the kicker—Agastya has a tight grip on that clip."

"Get it for us," Raghav demanded, eyes eager.

His grin twisted into a psychotic sneer. "Betray Agastya? Not in this lifetime or any other. I'm her loyal dog, and more importantly, a mere side character in this tale. If I do everything, what's left for the main players? Sit back and watch? Because if that's the plan, the narrative might lose its edge, and I doubt the author wants that."

"You're talking about readers and authors like we're living in a book or something," I muttered, trying to make sense of his words.

He chuckled softly, a glint of madness in his eyes. "Think about it, though. Life's like a story, isn't it? Full of twists, turns, and unexpected characters. To the outside world, I might seem like a villain, but to those who truly understand, I'm more of an anti-hero. Someone who doesn't fit into the usual boxes." He paused, as if contemplating the depth of his own words. "There's a certain allure in being unpredictable, in breaking the norms. It's what draws people in, makes them curious."

"You're not an anti-hero; you're just a weirdo," Kabir remarked, and I nodded in agreement.

He grinned mischievously. "For you, my ice prince, I'll play any role—your hero, your villain, your in-between. Anything."