What Lies Ahead [Finale]

And that's a wrap for our Season 1 finale! Now, get ready to sit on the edge of your seats until Season 2 drops. Grab some popcorn and brace yourselves for more drama, twists, and maybe even a surprise guest appearance or two. 

*Play the attached song while reading this chapter. It's bound to evoke strong emotions.

Amidst the whirlwind of emotions, I found myself grappling with a confusing thought. Could I truly be falling for someone I barely knew, someone who had deceived me in our first encounter? The idea felt absurd, almost laughable. How could I entertain the notion of love when I was still reeling from Natasha's shocking revelation?

The truth was, Natasha's betrayal had shattered my trust and left me feeling broken. Every fiber of my being resisted the idea of using someone as a rebound, of inflicting my pain onto another unsuspecting soul. It felt like a betrayal of my own values and integrity.

Yet, beneath the surface of rationality, there was a nagging ache, a longing for solace and companionship. Maybe it was just my mind's way of coping with the heartache, seeking comfort in someone new. But deep down, I knew I couldn't allow myself to hurt someone else to ease my own pain.

"What's on your mind?" His voice was barely audible, a gentle whisper amidst the quiet.

"The truth," I replied, my grip on his shirt loosening slightly. "I'm trying to understand why Natasha did what she did. I know she had issues with Sana, but why involve me? What did I do to deserve this? It's been hard, especially because I thought she cared for me too. It's a painful realization."

His hands gently massaged the square of my back, his touch offering solace in the midst of my turmoil. "You didn't deserve any of this pain," he murmured softly. "No one does. You know, love's like that unpredictable rollercoaster ride," he mused, his voice carrying a mix of contemplation and ease. "We can't always steer it in the direction we want. Sometimes, it takes unexpected turns, and we're left wondering why things unfold the way they do."

I listened attentively, taking in his words with patience.

"Perhaps not her, but maybe someone else will come along and love you again, this time truly," he whispered, his voice filled with a gentle hope and affection. "Maybe, just maybe, this heart of yours will find its rhythm again, and the smiles you once gave her will be even brighter for someone else. With her, you were happy, but with your fated love, you'll be happier."

I gently withdrew from the embrace and spoke softly, my eyes lowered as I confessed, "I have so many flaws, though."

He looked up at the moon, a tender smile playing on his lips. "Even the most beautiful things have flaws, but that doesn't diminish their worth. People still cherish and love them. It's all about perspective. What some see as flaws, others may see as unique qualities that make you who you are. Your flaws are like the craters on the moon, adding character and beauty to your essence."

"Thank you," I said, a genuine smile lighting up my face as I looked at him. "That's probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me."

"You deserve so much more," he replied, his gaze locked onto mine. His brown hair danced in the night breeze, and his dark eyes held a depth of sincerity that warmed my heart.

"I'll definitely mention you to my next love," I remarked.

He smiled softly in response, though there was a hint of melancholy in his eyes as he murmured, "Yeah."

My smile turned into a frown as I leaned closer, my fingers unconsciously tracing along his lips. "Why do you always seem sad when I talk about my love life? Why does it bother you so much when it's about me loving someone?"