Get Married

As I looked at his face, every detail seemed to accentuate the struggle he was enduring. His once serene expression now carried the weight of exhaustion, his features slightly weathered and tired. His hair was tousled, and the dark circles under his eyes spoke of sleepless nights and inner turmoil. It was heartbreaking to witness.

Taking his hand in mine, I spoke softly, my voice tinged with sadness and longing. "Please, wake up," I pleaded, my words carrying the weight of unspoken emotions. "I need you to come back to me. I know things have been difficult, but I believe we can overcome this together."

I continued, my heart heavy with the weight of our shared pain. "You didn't mean to hurt my dad. It wasn't your fault," I whispered, my voice trembling with emotion. "I forgive you, Kabir. Please wake up and let's start anew. I miss your smile, your laughter, and the warmth of your presence beside me."

Silence enveloped the room, broken only by the beeping of the monitors. I sat there, holding onto hope and praying for a miracle that would bring him back to me, whole and healed.

I sat there with my head bowed, lost in a sea of thoughts when I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. It was Sana. "Singh, he's going to be okay. You don't need to worry," she said softly, trying to reassure me.

"Yeah," I replied in a whisper, my gaze distant and unfocused.

She settled beside me, her expression serious. "So, where have you been all this time?" she asked, her curiosity tinged with concern.

I glanced down at my lap, feeling a weight in my chest. "I was with my mom back in my hometown," I admitted quietly.

"Ah," She nodded in understanding before asking hesitantly, "Are things really over between you and Kabir?"

I shrugged, a mixture of emotions swirling inside me. "I don't know, Sana. I honestly have no clue. It feels like it's over, especially since we haven't spoken in over three months."

"What caused it?" she probed, her bravery evident in her question.

"Well," I hesitated, searching for the right words. "You could say it was a misunderstanding and a breakdown in communication, I suppose." The words felt heavy as I spoke them, the reality of the situation sinking in once again.

"He still loves you, you know," She whispered, her words carrying a gentle reassurance.

I sighed softly, my doubts and insecurities weighing heavily on my mind. "I can't be certain, Sana. Who's to say he didn't find someone else during this time?"

She smiled tenderly, her eyes filled with understanding. "You're just trying to protect yourself, Singh. But deep down, you know Kabir better than anyone else. You know he wouldn't betray your trust like that. His feelings for you run deep and they're not easily erased. Just look at the state he's in," she pointed to Kabir's frail form, her voice filled with empathy. "In the time I've been with him, I've seen nothing but his longing for you."

I shook my head in frustration. "Honestly, love and all that can wait. Right now, I just want him to wake up and see that I'm here for him. I'm ready to set aside our past issues and just try to be happy again. I just want him to wake up," I said, my voice trembling with emotion. "Was it really necessary for him to take those pills?" I couldn't help but let my anger seep through. "What was he thinking?"

She sighed, her gaze distant. "He's been struggling with loneliness and pressure. These past few months have been rough for him—guilt over losing you, loneliness, the strain from his management due to performance issues on the field, a decline in his fan base, and hateful comments. It all took a toll on him, and he probably felt like peacefully sleeping forever was the only way out."