Promise Of Harmony

I smiled softly, drawn to the painting of myself that Kabir had in the room. As I admired it, lost in its details, the bathroom door clicked open, and he stepped out. My breath caught in my throat as I caught sight of his toned upper body, the towel barely covering him.

He was more than just fit; he was stunning. It wouldn't have surprised me if I'd started drooling right then and there.

Without thinking, I moved closer to Kabir, who raised an eyebrow at me. "What's on your mind?" he asked.

"You should know," I teased, pressing him gently against the bathroom door. Leaning in close, I whispered in his ear, "You can't flaunt this sinful body in front of me and not expect me to lose my mind. That's just not fair."

He didn't reply immediately, his expression serious. I placed my hand on his cheek, searching his eyes. "Why the serious face?"

His intense gaze made me pause, feeling the weight of his scrutiny. "Siraj and Yashasvi, did they say anything inappropriate to you?" he asked, his voice tinged with concern.

I took a step back, surprised by the sudden seriousness in his tone. "What? No, not at all," I replied, trying to sound casual despite the tension creeping into my voice. "Why would they say something like that?"

He continued to study me, his expression unreadable. "You know, I can tell when you're not being completely truthful," he said quietly, his eyes narrowing slightly.

I hesitated, feeling the need to reassure him. "I'm not lying," I insisted, meeting his gaze squarely. "They didn't say anything inappropriate to me."

He leveled a disappointed look at me. "They told you about Swati," he stated, his voice heavy with disappointment.

I met his gaze squarely, refusing to back down. "No surprise there," I retorted with a hint of sarcasm. "Well, since my boyfriend doesn't consider me worthy enough to know about his past, I'm glad at least his friends think otherwise."

He took a step closer, his expression a mix of frustration and concern. "Aryan, let me explain-"

I cut him off sharply, my tone firm. "No, Kabir, you listen to me this time," I asserted, locking eyes with him. "You should have told me about her. It's not like I would've judged you because, let's be real, have I ever?"

His admission hung heavy in the air, his struggle palpable. "That's not it, and you know that," he began, his voice tinged with regret. "I just... I didn't want you to feel like you're my second love, like everything I do with you has been done before with someone else. There's more, but I can't seem to find the words."

I tilted my head, trying to grasp his reasoning. "So, you're keeping things from me over some irrational fear of comparisons?" I shot back, frustration edging into my tone. "First or second, does it really matter? What matters is that right now, I'm here with you, and she's not. So what if you kissed her first? It's in the past."

I took a step closer, my expression softening with a tinge of hurt. "But your silence, Kabir," I continued, my voice dropping, "it makes me feel like I'm not enough for you, like I'm lacking as your partner, as your lover. Trust works both ways, you know."

"I'm sorry I don't share every detail of my life with you," he muttered, his tone defensive. "This isn't even a big deal, and you're blowing it out of proportion and being irritating."

"I'm sorry for actually caring about my partner's life," I retorted, clenching my fists tightly. "And forgive me for being annoying, because apparently, I'm the only one who makes mistakes and irritates you. You're the saint here, right? Fine, then find someone who's less bothersome and just agrees with everything you say." With that, I turned on my heels and hurried out of the room without another word.