chapter 4

"Happy birthday yash"

When she wished him he looked at her. He saw the box in her hand and took it. He nooded his head and said a small thankyou.

His went away from there as his friends we're calling him.

Merra look at him than look down at her hand.

She genuinely think of him as her brother and everytime she tries to make a move he just ignore her.

"Why are you late? It's your small brother's birthday can't you came a little early"

She looked up at her dad who now came looking at her with cold face.

The moment she meet him he scolded her instead of asking of her well being.

How badly she wanted to hear his soft which he always uses while talking with yash.

She again look down and whispered a small sorry.

Without saying anything he went away from their to attend other family members.

She wanted to talk with him spend some time with him but she doesn't have any reason to stop him.

She looked around and found her dadi sitting on a couch at a corner with some other relatives.

She went near her with a smile and she was going to bend down to touch her feet she showed her hand signalling her to stop.

Meera smiled and asked

"How are you dadi"

She looked at meera but didn't smile like a grandmother who should smile after seeing her granddaughter after seeing after so many months.

She just nodded while looking at meera.

"O my god meera you grown up a lot"

Meera looked at side and saw her bua Aunt kalyani sitting with her daughter riya who is same age as meera. Just four months older than her.

Meera smiled looking at kalyani

"How are you aunty"

"I'm fine but how are you it's been so long I saw you"

Thought kalyani acted like a loving aunt but inside she was not happy looking at her.

She never liked meera and her mother.

She was more than happy when she got to know that her brother was divorcing meera's mother.

"I'm also fine-"

Before she can complete her sentence kalyani cut her off saying.

"Meet your cousin riya. You must remember her. You both used to play when you were very small. She is currently staying in Australia for her studies but came back just for yash birthday."

Kalyaan said while looking at her indirectly telling her now how much yash means to them trying to make her uncomfortable.

"Of course aunty how can i forget her."

Meera said looking at riya.

Riya stood up and hugged her.

"It's been so long little sis"

Meera just nooded.

Riya turned her head to her mom.

"Mom i will accompany meera as it's been so long I meet her and we have so catch up for time we both didn't meet"

Kalyani just nooded her head and again stared to talk with her mother. While riya dragged meera from there.

As they both were talking more like riya was telling meera about her life in Australia and her luxurious life meera just stood there quietly.