𝟐. 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐞

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟕

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟕

"Alright Mary Magdalene?" Someone in a group of lads said winking at Martie as they walked past her and Paul on the pavement . "Carry on Fred and ill cripple ya." Paul shook his fist at the boy who seemed to be in his year at school.

Paul was so protective , which most times Martie was thankful for , like sometimes there'd be situations where boys older or even her age would say or do something to her but wouldn't because Paul was there , or wouldn't because they knew of Paul being her brother . Like people calling her Mary Magdalene which was the most biblical insult ever .

But sometimes she hated it , whenever a boy even mentioned his little sister his face would screw up , or like when Howie was over , the amount of times he threatened Howie not to knock her up the duff. Which was wild because Howie hadn't gone as far as even seeing what breasts look like .

Thats why it killed her that her only ever crush was his best mate , who very much valued his life . Not like she had a chance with him she thought often when she was thinking about how much Paul would slaughter him.

The best thing was that once she left the McCartney household , no one could tell her who she could and couldn't fancy . She sort of missed her mother in that way , because sometimes she'd tell her mother about how much she liked George's smile , or his eyes , she never admitted to fancying him but her mother got the idea . She'd say things like , "i think Pauls friend ... George is it ?" She knew his name "i think he has quite lovely eyes ." Angelic eyes ... , her mother would grin and stroke the side of her head .

Sometimes she'd stroke her own head , not in a weird way , but she'd imagine it was her mothers hand . She'd speak to her blanket about all sorts of topics .

"I love Elvis but i wonder if I'm just like every other girl these days , maybe thats what makes me sound boring to everyone else , like George .. do you think he finds me boring because i fancy Elvis? He might." She probably wouldn't have admitted to fancying Elvis if her mum was actually alive , or fancying George , but sometimes it was like talking to a friend that wasn't Howie for once , someone that didn't talk back , someone that just listened.

"I still don't understand the Mary Magdalene name calling." She said look up at her brother who was unfortunately in her case , a lot taller , he seemed to have got there fathers jeans with the height and she seemed to have got there auntie jin's jeans being so much shorter .

"I told you already." Paul rolled his eyes , his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket .

"And i still don't understand what it means ! I thought she was the one
That witnessed the crucifix." Martie said kicking a pebble that was on the pavement as they walked .

"Yeah but she was a prostitute." Paul mumbled , he didn't like saying words like that in front of his sister , or discussing anything of the kind really .