ii.

chapter two,

                                                         Daenys walks alongside her sister as they arrive to the throne room, where they heard their uncle was waiting for them

As they walked in alone, leaving their guards at the door, where they saw the Prince sat on the Iron Throne. He leans forward at the sight of them.

"What do you think you are doing, uncle?" Rhaenyra asks as the sisters stop in front of the throne. Standing a little bit behind her sister, Daenys looks up at her uncle with a small smirk on her lips.

"Simply sitting, dear niece," muses their uncle. His response causes the youngest there to roll her eyes and scoff, her smirk turning into a humored smile. "This could, very well, be my chair one day."

"I am not sure if your ego could fit on it," Daenys teases, a laugh leaving her lips. Her uncle gives one of his own.

"Not if you are executed for treason." Rhaenyra comments, an eyebrow raised. "Why are you here, uncle? You haven't come to court in an age."

"Yes..." Daemon agrees, nodding. "Court is so dreadfully boring."

"Then why come back at all?" questions Daenys, her arms behind her back.

"I heard your father was hosting a tournament in my honor. Would be rude of me not to show myself, no?"

"The tournament is for his heir." Rhaenyra inputs.

"Mhm," he hums. "Just as I said."

"His new heir," Daenys corrects, and her uncle sends her a grin.

"Until your mother brings forth a son...you shall all be cursed with me," He stands up, making his way towards the two girls.

"Sounds extremely miserable, I await impatiently for the arrival of my brother," The youngest princess smiles.

It was silent for a moment as the prince walked towards them both. Only when he stood in front of them both, did he speak once more.

"I have brought you both something..." he brings out two necklaces that match, though while one has red rubies, the other has blue sapphires. "Do you know what it is?"