xv

chapter fifteen,

                         The wedding between Daenys Targaryen and Borys Baratheon was a joyful event

                         The wedding between Daenys Targaryen and Borys Baratheon was a joyful event. Houses from all parts of the Realm came to celebrate and congratulate her, and Daenys thanked each and every one of them. She was thankful, her bright smile was convincing enough. But the slight hesitance in her eyes was enough for anyone to figure out the worries she held. No one had cared enough to ask her how she was, if she was excited or anything. Why was she being congratulated? she thought dimly, as her eyes fall onto Borys Baratheon. What has she won in this arrangement? Ah, yes. She, a princess, being married to a future Lord. How splendid.

That morning, as King's Landing burst with joy and excitement, the young princess stood in her chambers as three other figures stood not too far behind her.

On one side, was the Princess Rhaenyra, in a gown of red and black. She had her eyes glued on her little sister, a fond smile on her lips. Next to her, and in the middle of the three, was Aelora who was dressed in a soft blue dress ── upon the demanding of Daenys, the handmaiden will be allowed to bare witness to the wedding. And lastly, on Aelora's other side, was the Queen in her green gown. Unlike the other two, who look at Daenys softly, she bares a blank expression. No smile or frown, just blank.

All three girls helped to get the Princess ready, and Daenys remembers fondly of how times used to be. How all four of them used to help each other get ready for the day, how one was never seen without one of the others. But now, the four were hardly seen together. The ones who still got along were the Princesses' and Aelora.

Dressed in a similar gown to what her sister had worn to her wedding not so long ago, Daenys stares at her reflection sadly. It seems her friend saw her look as she goes to grab her hand.

"It will be alright, Princess," whispered Aelora, a hand interlocked with Daenys. With a thumb rubbing the girls knuckles, Aelora looks at her softly. "Borys is a good man."

She wished everyone would stop staying that. Peri-winkle eyes shut to close, a sigh leaving her lips as her hand tightens around her friends. Were they supposed to make her better? Because it was not.