iii.

chapter three,

                                                                            The night swiftly passed, and far too quickly did morning arrive

                                                      The night swiftly passed, and far too quickly did morning arrive. The castle was bustling with servants preparing the tournament for the new heir.

In the chambers of Princess Daenys, stood four girls. Two princesses, and their closest companions.

"Where are your other handmaidens?" Rhaenyra questioned, finally. Her, Alicent and Aelora were already in their dresses. Rhaenyra wore red, Alicent with her blue and finally Aelora dressed in yellow. Daenys was last to get ready, and her hair was done perfectly, her friends made sure too. Her hair was half up and down, with only two bits out at the front. Which, no doubt, annoyed her at times.

Daenys let out a puff of air, blowing a piece of hair away from her for a moment, before answering. "I let them occupy themselves with other duties. I thought that all I needed were you three to make me look pretty."

"You look beautiful by yourself, Princess," assured Aelora.

Daenys thanked her, turning to her dresses. "I would look beautiful if I could find a dress... I do not want to arrive at my brothers tournament in my garments!"

"You are very confident the babe will be a boy," Alicent noticed. Rhaenyra had went to help her little sister, while the other two stood waiting to help at any moment.

"I felt him kick," the Princess said. "I do not know how I know. Or why I am so confident. But when I look at my mother, I see it. A boy in her arms, a tuff of white on his head and eyes like mine." Daenys smiled, "but just a bit darker..."

The girls are quiet for a moment, sinking in her words. But Daenys continues on.

"Sometimes... I have dreams. It is like going forward in time, but never do I see anything bad. My mind only gives me good. Most nights it is of my mother... And there, she stands, rocking our brother to her chest. Though, her lips move, I cannot hear her." The girl is silent for a moment. "In fact, I cannot hear nothing in the dreams."