x

chapter ten,

                                                     With the arrival of Daemon Targaryen, the King had arranged a party to take place in the Godswood

                                 With the arrival of Daemon Targaryen, the King had arranged a party to take place in the Godswood. Though, everyone knew that Viserys needed no reason to throw a party. The King loved throwing festivities, as everyone had come to realise. And while everybody thought it wrong on any other occasion, they did not seem to mind celebrating the return of the Rogue Prince.

Daenys was in that equation too.

Unlike everyone else, who had rushed to speak with her uncle, she had waited. Waiting for him to come to her, for them to be alone. So, while she did, she busied herself with the deserts. Lemon cakes, berry cakes, biscuits, tarts...

Unlike her sister, Rhaenyra had went to congratulate her uncle. And when she found him, he was with her father and the Queen.

"I will not revisit this debate," she heard her father say, seeing him shake his head with a laugh. "You were always mother's favourite. No, it is no great mystery. You were. Our mother... she had no regard for custom or tradition, rules. And I, sadly, was no great warrior."

Daemon laughed, nodding his head in agreement slightly. Upon noticing the appearance of his oldest niece, he nods his head in greeting. "Princess," though, while speaking to her, his eyes were somewhere else. Or, rather, on someone else.

Rhaenyra did not need to turn to know who it was. But, she did anyway. And on the receiving end of her uncle's gaze, was her sister, hoarding the cakes.

Turning back to him, she offers him a smile. Even though his gaze does not move from behind her. "Congratulations on your victory,"

Rhaenyra watched as her uncle looked eager to talk to Daenys, but was forced to occupy her father longer. The King had demanded he stay with him for most of the party.

As a silence took over, Alicent attempts to break it.

"Perhaps, Prince Daemon would care for a tour of the gallery? He has not yet seen the new tapestries gifted to you by Norvos and Qohor..."