Ch.1 - Yours, sincerely

---•🥛•---

  "Where's your ID ma'am?" You asked another tenant checking in for today, tapping your pen on your cheek with the checklist in your hands.

  "Sorry, I forgot my ID." The tenant replied and slid in her ID. You observed her intently, making sure you won't miss any features that would make her a doppelganger. You were sure this one is in the clear till' you checked the entry request, which didn't have the D.D.D logo. Without wasting any more time, you immediately flipped open the cover of the emergency button, slammed your fist onto it and dialed the D.D.D.

  It's just another evening shift for you, well, 3rd day for exact. Ever since you moved into the building, you signed up as a doorman there due to crippling debt. How sad of you to work at a shop with low wage before this. Though other than that, you just happen to find interest in this job.

  Just before a week has passed, you found a letter on your apartment door and slowly took it with raised suspicioun. You wonder: "Who is this might be?" Well, you won't know till you open it, and read it.

Dear (y/n),

  Hello (y/n), I heard you moved in a few days back and seemingly have signed up to work as a doorman here. I just wanna greet you, nothing more than that. Hope you have a great time.

Sincerely,
Anonymous

  The note read. You thought it was just someone who lives outside of the residental building since you've already recognized everyone 'very well' there, so you weren't worried and went on as normal for the rest of the week.

  It's not until you received a few more anonymous letters. It all asked about your day and some assumptions that are quite personal. You grow more suspicious as it continued, finding an envelope on your front door after your shift. Sometimes there'll be more than two.

  "Kinda creepy.." You muttered while staring at the envelopes in a small pile on your bed, looking through every piece of information you could get from the letters, desperate for finding out who this secret admirer of yours is. The letters gradually grows to them talking about how they admire you, from your appearance, personality and such. You observed their handwriting, even any small ink marks that may stand out. But no luck so far.

  Letters aside, you would continue your job as usual. At some point, there'll be a milkman checking in who would stare at you, observing every little feature on your face, glancing at your eyes, hair, even the lips, but you were too oblivious to even notice he stared at your lips. Hell, you even thought he was a doppelganger till' you checked further before confirming he isn't. But you remain suspicious of him.

  "That guy isn't much of an observant, but maybe he was just curious of you, not sure." Explained good buddy Angus who is currently checking in. A small smile is plastered on his face.

  "What do you mean you're not sure? From what I've seen, you're both are best buddies to each other, so there's no way you don't know a lot about him." You replied hastily, needing an answer to come out of that man's mouth that'll be useful for once. With you dwelling deeper into confusion, he could only adjusts his hat as his reply is far from a clue.

  "He has his own space that I don't bother barging into. Besides, he's in his own state of mind most of the time. So whatever he's doing is none of my business unless he's in mine." He explains with a chuckle and shrugged, looking away from you. You sighed and leaned back against the chair once you've checked in Angus. While having high expectations, disappointment washes over you like a coast.

  "Fine, whatever you say." You replied tiredly, dismissing Angus and pressed the button to open the door for him. He nodded in response and pursed his lips.

  "I mean, if you want to know more about him, just ask the other neighbors, it's not that hard." Angus blurted out before entering the building. You closed the door and groaned out of frustration.

  Arriving at your apartment, you became worn and tired at the end of your shift. Like any other days, you come across another envelope on your door. Sighing while you enter your apartment. The warm light makes contact against your skin the moment the light turns on, giving you slight comfort to finally calm down. You threw the envelop onto the table. It slid a good distance away as it almost reached the middle of the table.

  "Great now, what is it you wanna tell me? How good looking I am or how I could crack a joke and no one laughs?" You glared at the envelope.

  It's not even surprising or that it even gives you butterflies anymore, it just tires the fluttering in your stomach till it comes to an abrupt stop. Atleast it made you a bit fuzzy, knowing you have a secret admirer, even if their identity is concealed.

  With the decision to finally read for what awaits to put another weight on the butterfly wings, you pull out the letter. You flash a look of anger at it as if it'll contort in disgust.

Dear (y/n),

  Hey, I've been thinking to gift you something for some while now, but I'm hesitating a bit. Though, you wouldn't mind me leaving one at your door, do you? Don't spill it. It's quite special since it means a lot to me aswell.

Sincerely,
Anonymous

  The message interested you as you raised your brow at it and scoffed.

  "Who is this person? Don't spill it? What are you, gonna give me milk? Tsk." You spat before the letter back in the envelope and headed to your bedroom to put it away in a drawer where you usually put them in.

  Your body stiffens as you stretch yourself with a long grunt of relief and plopped onto the bed. You didn't think of showering first since you were out of your head. It's not long till' your eyes became heavy, the burn out kicking in. Vision blurs into darkness as your eyes sealed shut and body relaxes, getting comfortable till sleep takes over you.

  While in the meantime, the secret admirer is writing (Or has) another letter for the clueless (y/n). He adjusts his shirt and looked back at his hat dangling on a hook. Despite for how tired he is, his admiration for you is what keeps him awake and restless at night, longing for your presence near him.

  I never believed in love at first sight after the breakup. But seeing you, (y/n), has me doubting myself that my heart hasn't been punctured by the cupid's bow as I'm already falling head over heels for you.

---•🥛•---

[Words: 1167]

Say hello to the words counter