Ch.5 - Oblivious-ly

CW // V10L3NCE

---•🥛•---

  "Are you okay?" She asks concerningly. I shrug, confused for what she meant by that.

  "I'm alright?"

  "No, I mean you're bleeding!"

  "..I am?"

   I turn to my shoulder that has gotten numb from the pain I've been enduring. Because of it, I seemed to have forgotten about it. Blood is dripping down from my hand, and most of the streams of blood had already dried up.

  "Ohhh.." I stare at it for a while. The cashier stares at me like I just did the stupidest thing in a long time.

  "Do you need a me-"

  "Yes." I cut them off. They crouch under the counter and pulls out a medkit. They offered to treat me, though I denied it and took care of it myself.

  Lifting crates is no easy task for now. My injured shoulder didn't cause any pain to me, but it felt weak and sore, meaning I can't carry anything. Hence they set me up to restock shelves as temporary duty for the time being till my shoulder heals.

  I had already planned to meet up at the hospital. All they did was stitch the wound and give me painkillers. Which I didn't need anyway.

  Right now, I'm sitting in the lobby of the residental building, and I'm lazy to use the stairs. I wanted to when I came in, though the repairmen told me that they'll be finished soon. Didn't expect it to be more than an hour long. I should be in my apartment by now, but it helped pass the time for a bit.

  I sense someone sitting beside me. He groans and lays back against the couch, splaying out an arm on the cushion behind me. I avoid to look at him, and I feel his intense gaze on me.

  "(Y/n) what the hell happened to you?" He finally spoke out. I can already recognize it's Francis and groan loudly.

  "It's nothing to worry about, I'm fine." I try not to sound rude but I can't help it from the frustration of his presence again.

  "You don't look fine from how bloody your goddamn sleeve is?" He pointed out in disbelief, looking at me with mixed emotiond as I turn to him.

  "It's just red dye from work." I reply. He takes a few faint sniffs in the air and scrunches his nose.

  "Doesn't smell like it."

  "Obviously." I say mockingly and turn away.

  "Whatever happened you need help." I hear the concern in his voice. My breath shudders slightly.

  "I don't need help, I'm fucking fine." I hiss at him. Having enough of him at this point, I hop onto my feet and stormed to the elevator. He yells out for me from behind along with the two repairmen the moment I brush past me.

  As the door closes, I flash the bird at him before the door cuts me out of his sight. The elevator starts to move slowly but then it stops halfway. I froze, not understanding what had happened.

  "The hell? Why did it sto- Wait.." I trail off, remembering that the elevator was in repairment. Frustration goes through the roof and I punch the elevator wall. As embarrassing than it already was, now I need to wait to be saved.