Ch.2 - Gifted crate

---•🥛•---

[[ Y/N'S POV ]]

The bitter taste of the coffee hits my tastebuds as I read the newspaper. Knowing the increasing numbers of doppelgangers around the area, the weight grows till' it crushes me down.

Though, I feel like a creep for having to observe every individual I come across, but it has turned into a habit with an unconvincing reason to most people. The fear of death, the idea of being killed by a doppelganger fuels my paranoia.

Fortunately, with the help of Dr.Afton, I'm able to overcome it a little, but it remains deep in my mind. It's like a leech stuck to me, it's tiring and frustrating.

The thought goes away as I shake my head gently and grunt.

"And I thought I got over it already." I muttered to myself and grit my teeth. It should've been a month ago before this, but it's just stuck in a corner, ready to invade my mind and consume me whenever it had the chance. My head unconcuously bob to the jazzy tune that came onto the radio.

I continue to drink my coffee till' the last drop of it hits my tongue. Putting my cup down, I decided to look up from the newspaper for once, taking a glance at the people here.

Everyone is having conversations, or either reading a newspaper. It's a normal sight here as I'm a regular, usually going in early in the morning and going out for my shift.

Though, my attention is caught by a familiar individual. I narrow my eyes at them, making sure I'm not mistaking him as one of the tenants who lives in the residental building. He finally turns around after receiving his coffee and just as I just as I expected, it's the milkman.

He stops, noticing me glancing at him. Realizing he noticed me, I held up a hand to wave at him. Since I'm no longer behind the window, I could get a better look at his body physique. I choked back a gag from surprise.

I've always thought he would look atleast a bit decent, but from this perspective, it's not the case after all. My lips tugs into a small, welcoming smile as he approaches me

"You're (y/n) (l/n), correct?" He asks, standing beside the other seat at the other side of the table and puts his cup down onto it with a faint thump.

"Uh, yeah. And you're Fran.." My voice trails off as I forgot his first name. My head becomss blurred from trying to remember it, so I look at him with an awkward grin. "Uh.. Whatever- Mosses" I ended with pursed lips, clenching my teeth.

"Cis. Yes, I'm Fran-cis Mosses." He repeated his name separately, finally, which made my face heat up a bit from the embarrassment.

He's not that expressive as I thought he would be outside of work. Not gonna lie, I thought he would be drinking and joking over some friends at a bar. Well he looks like someone who would do that atleast. Maybe he does, but not at the time being. I shake away the growing embarrassment and act like nothing happened with a forced crooked smile.

"So uh, what are you doing here? I didn't expect you come here to grab coffee for yourself." I point out sarcastically. I chuckle nervously as I feel awkward talking to him for some reason.

Despite meeting him on a daily basis, it's as if my confidence ceased itself. If anything, he looks judgemental, staring at me with dead eyes and chuckles softly.