Ch.6 - Warm Care

Changed the title since it fits more

---•🥛•---

"Open the door Francis! I'm gonna die out here!" I yelled out before stumbling forward as the door opens. I slammed the door shut and place my back against. While taking a moment to catch my breath, Francis stares at me with crossed arms. The second thing I noticed is that he's wearing a tank top.

"So-"

"Don't." I held up a finger at him and glance around his apartment if I could spot a phone anywhere. "Do you have a phone?" I ask with a glare.

"Of course, in the bedro-" I brush past him and ran into his bedroom.

I clutch the phone and dial the D.D.D. Loud sirens starts to blare outside the apartment. Once the line hangs up, I slam the phone back down, my heart racing from the immense fear of that monstrosity. I lean against the nightstand and wipe the sweat from my forehead. Sensing a sudden presence behind me, I glance over my shoulder to see him.

"You okay (y/n)?" He asks in a low tone of concern. I stare at the wall and nod.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, it's just the adrenaline and such." My voice came out shakier than I thought it would be. He nods and puts his hands in his pockets.

"Mmmm..Kay." Is all he said before walking out of the room. He seems such a dry man for some reason, not usual when I see him in public. I snicker and sat on the side of the bed. I never knew I would ever ask him for help once, and from what happened back in the lobby made it immensely awkward. He could be laughing at my stupidity on the inside.

I look around in his room to see what he has, but stood up to realize his bed is neatly made and fix the area I just sat on. I wanna leave already, but the building is on lockdown, and if I want to, I'll be wishing death on my doorstep. Or his.

I walk over to the door and leaned against the frame as I spot Francis sitting on the couch going through some papers. I tilt my head at his doing and crossed my arms.

"You know, I would never thought of barging into a repairment. I could've saved a lot of time than waiting." He laughs softly after making that comment. I furrowed my brows and blush a bit from the embarrassment, recalling that moment yet again. It should be kept in a lost archive at this point and burried deep in history. Let it die overtime, y'know.

"You don't have to bring that up. It's nothing compared to the day I met you." I say, my voice laced with sarcasm. He stops whatever he's doing and glances at me.

"What are you implying?" He glares at me.

"I'm talking about your first impression."

"What do I have to do what you did?" He asks, putting down his papers before shifting his body to get a better look at me. I snicker as I walk towards him and stand behind the couch while looking down at him.

"I'm being sarcastic idiot." I laugh at him. He mocks me by mouthing my words. "Well, it's true actually, you're dry as my coffee grinds, it's embarrassing." I continue. He grunts and mumbles something that I couldn't make out. I lean a bit to his side when he turned back to his papers. It's some sort of receipts and other unrecognizable stuff.

I wanted to say something but bit my tongue when I couldn't remember what I wanted to say. Before I could move myself away from him, he suddenly grabs me by the collar and pulled me closer. I gasped a bit and looked at him with bewilderment.

"What is there you wanna say?" He whispers in a hoarse voice. He gently takes hold of my jaw and turns my head towards him, looking at me with his head tilted.