Chapter 9

Antonio's POV

After basically fighting with Alana to drink her bottle she had gotten herself so worked up she cried herself to sleep again. I think with everything that has happened over the past few days for her its just been to much and now it seems she is just over tired and emotional which I don't blame her for not at all. Let's just home when we get home and get her into a stable environment with a set routine, things will be easier for her, and she will settle more but until then we will just have to deal with the tantrums and tiredness. We will get there.

After Alana fell asleep, I put her back in her car seat so I could get some more work done and that was her out like a light for the rest of the journey. By the time we landed in Scotland I half expected her to wake from the impact of the jet hitting the surface but all she done was move slightly then settled straight back to sleep. Once the doors were open, I unbuckled the car seat from the jets seat and carried Alana out and down to the black SUV parked outside waiting to pick us up and take us home. It is roughly a one-hour drive home from the airport and I was quick to call my wife once we hit the road.

"Hello, love that is us back in Scotland we will be home in roughly an hour can you do me a favour?" I ask in a sweet tone only my wife has ever received. "Oh, thank goodness I can't wait for you to come home, especially since you said you have something for me and of course I'll do anything for you if you ask" oh how I love my wife, "I can't wait to see you either love but in the meantime call the boys please and get them to the house for when I arrive this surprise is something I think we all need and in a way crave" "Oh ok yes I will do that now and I will see you when you come home" she says in a excited voice and hung up before I could get another word in. I put my phone away and chuckled at my wife's excitement earning glances from Sergi and Tony. "What?" I ask not liking the stares "Nothing boss, just now very often you chuckle, it's amusing to see" Tony says with a cheesy grin on his face. I give him a glare and shake my head before looking over at Alana to make sure she is okay before settling back into my seat and resting for the remainder of the journey.

We finally arrive home, and I send Tony to grab my family to meet me in my study while I pick Alana up in her seat and may my way inside with her still sound asleep. Once I reach my study I place her seat down behind my desk making sure she is comfortable and warm with her blanket tucked in before rounding my desk and waiting for my family to arrive.

"Honey I'm so happy to see you" my wife says with our sons trailing behind her. "Shh love keep your voice down for me please" she gives me a strange look before nodding her head. "What are we here for dad" my eldest son Xander asks clearly pissed off being called here while Luca just looked at me bored. "Now is that anyway to speak or look at your father?" I asked challenging him as I will not tolerate him starting this shit again, "No, I apologise dad" I just give him a nod and smile to show my acceptance.

"So we all know that this family has been falling apart recently, and before you go denying it don't, I know we have wanted a daughter and have you boys not wanted a little sister?" I ask looking at their reactions and I am met with wonder. "Of course we wanted a sister, but mum can't have kids anymore so that won't happen, I know we are a cruel family to those out there but do not go down this route of taking about having a sister here because it won't happen and you know it" my eldest says almost with tears in his eyes, almost being the word. It hit him the hardest when we lost our little girl so this has always been a touchy subject. Luca just looks away before looking back at me with confusion in his eyes while my wife has her head hung low. I approach her and cup her face with my hand bringing her head up to meet mine before landing a gentle kiss on her lips in which she responds needing the strength I'm giving her.

"What if I told you I could adopt a little girl? How would you like that?" I asked in a serious tone. "I'd love a daughter to love you know this much" my wife says with a small smile on her face while looking over at out sons. "You know we want a sister, but you never thought of adoption before so why now? This is not something that would bother me and I am sure Xander agrees" Luca says while looking over at his brother who is staring at me with a mix of uncertainty and hope before nodding his head then saying, "I agree, when should we start searching?" The smile on my face has them confused. I knew they would all agree to this and want it even if they wouldn't admit it which I am glad they did. Just as I was about to bring Alana into the conversation, we all heard a mighty scream that the words I have heard a few times already.

"LET ME GO, I WANT OUT OF HERE, where am I?" Alana screamed before whispering that last part before the water works started. I was quick to round my desk and pick her up. "Hey, you're okay daddy is here" I say while holding her close and rubbing circles on her back since it always seems to calm her. While I held her in my arms, I got shocked stares from my family clearly they did not see where this conversation was heading and not realising that I already have their baby sister here with me and I was hoping that they would love her as much as I have started to love her in such a little time.

"Um, dad what? Who?" Luca says before stepping forward and coming closer to us. "Well it was going to be a surprised but little missy here woke up, didn't you baby girl" I say while looking at Alana who had her head buried in my chest where her cries had subsided and were just little sniffles now.

I looked back over to my family and said, "I met with Lionel or the rat as Tony calls him, he insisted he had something I couldn't pass up. I was not going to go but he made a deal saying that if I did not find what I was looking for he would never get in touch again and we all know he is a constant pain in my a...bum, anyway I agreed to get I'm off my back once and for all, but what I did not expect was for him to have this little one in the back of his van chained to the wall, it angered me and I don't know some protective feeling come over me and here we are, I have decided she will be part of our family, my little girl" I look over to see the reactions on my family's faces. I see Luca looking at her with a smile on his face, Xander looks like he is battling himself and my wife looks at me before approaching and giving me a gentle kiss before running her fingers threw Alana's hair.

They still haven't seen Alana properly as once I picked her up, I put her head straight into my chest. "Can I hold her?" my wife asks, and I give her a nod before trying to pass Alana over, but she protests buy holding onto my shirt with all the strength she could muster by the feeling of it and lets out a whimper. "Alana baby, don't you want to see mommy and your brothers?" I ask while I make my way over to my sofa and motion for my family to follow in which they do. Xander seems more relaxed now which I'm relieved at as he can be unpredictable sometimes. "She just needs time" I say to my wife who has a sad smile on her face. I hate seeing her sad, but I understand that this is a lot of Alana to deal with and I know my family will and do understand too. "Son, can you grab my laptop bag please there is a file in there I want you to all look at," Xander nods his head before standing and getting the file out the bad and opening it.

Xander sits with the file in hand, the file on Alana. While he reads the rest of us chat while continue to try and get Alana to show face. I look over to Xander when he passes the file over to Luca and I can see his relaxed features turn to anger and I don't blame him. In that fine it says everything about Alana's life growing up and then the added information I had written down since she was taken which included the information Lionel gave me from taking her till me meeting her. The same expression appears on Lucas's face while he reads before handing it of to his mother. Maria skimmed over it all, knowing she would rather get to know her, but you could tell she read enough to show her expressions change as well.

Once everyone had read the file there was silence. Everyone was pondering over what they had read, I had read it, and any idiot could see she didn't have a great upbringing. Xander decided to speak for the first time since Alana woke, "Well, I think we should have a nice family mean to welcome out little sister to the family what do you say" it was said in a cheery voice clearly trying to lighten the mood. I felt some movement coming from the little girl and seen her glancing over at Xander.