Chapter 32

Alana's POV

I have had such a great day so far. Xandy and Luca took me on the rides, they were scary at first but then so fun and I couldn't help but scream and laugh on them and after every ride mummy and daddy always had big smiles on and would ask how much I liked it. I would take breaks from the rides and watch Xandy, Luca, Grampa, and daddy go on some of the bigger ones, now they looked scary, too scary for me, I don't think I would survive on those big ones, I will just stay on the little ones. I had so much fun that I got sleepy and ended up napping in my buggy. I did not like the idea of the buggy but it was super comfy and had a bit to cover my eyes so I could sleep, the only think missing was my teddy.

Right now, we are walking around the zoo looking at all the animals and I love it. So many different animals and colours. "Horsey" I squeal out as I point at the weird stripey coloured horse, I hear chuckling "Princess that's not a horsey it's a Zebra" I look up at my daddy with confusion thinking what is the difference? "Zebras are like horses, but you can't ride them" "Ohhh otay daddy" I say before looking back over to the not horse but zebra. We continue looking around when we come across a seal show. "Mummy" "Yes honey" "Can we go to show please" "Of course we can" I smile and bounce in my seat excited to see a show.

We walk over to the door and daddy picks me up saying that there is no room for the buggy so he will hold me instead. I don't mind, I like being in daddy's arms it makes me feel safe. We were a little early so managed to get seated at the front which was great since I could already see 3 seals swimming around in the water. I wriggled in daddy's lap trying to get down to stand on my feet. "What's wrong princess" daddy looks at me with a frown "Down daddy" "I don't know love, I will get busy soon" "Seals" I say pointing at the water "I will take her down son" grampa says as he picks me up and puts me on my feet before taking my hand. "Stay close squish and don't let go of grampa's hand okay" "Otay grampa" we walk over to the glass and I look in but struggle to see anything which makes me pout. I think grampa notices as he picks me up and points into the water a little further away. "Look squish over there" "wow grampa look, look" one of the seals jumps out of the water onto the platform, makes some noises then slides back into the water. Grampa had placed me on my feed again and I look into the water. I can see 2 seals swimming around but can't see the 3rd one, out of the blue, the 3rd one comes from the side, very close to the glass and it gave me a fright. I jumped then turned and hugged grampas leg wanting to be picked up again.

"Did that give you a little fright squish" grampa asked as he picked me back up. I nodded my head and hid it in his neck feeling slightly embarrassed. "Don't tell me you have went all shy now" I just shake my head "Ok well let's head back to our seats as it if getting busy now". Grampa takes up back to the rest of the family and sits beside grandma. I sit quietly with grampas arms wrapped around me with my back to his chest with him rocking side to side slightly, it is very soothing, and it is not long until the show begins. Through out the whole show I sat there in amazement loving everything I was seeing and was gutted when it finished. "Did you enjoy that squish" "Yeth grampa, they jumped so high" I said while throwing my hands up in the air "They did indeed" grampa says while laughing at me which causes me to pout. Grampa sits me back in my buggy then proceeded the walk around the remainder of the zoo.

By the time we have went round the entire zoo, we seen 2 different animal shows being the seals, birds, and a monkey boat tour which was great. The zookeeper would throw food over to their little island and there was this one monkey who would throw some back at the boat. I have loved looking at all the different kind of animals, some I have never seen before, and they were awesome. We stop at a restaurant since it is almost dinner time and Luca picks me up and asks "What was your favourite animal today sweetheart" "wala" "A what now princess" daddy asks with a confused face "a wala" I hear mummy chuckle before taking me from Luca "Do you mean a Koala honey" "That what I said mummy a wala" everyone bursts out laughing but I don't get it.