Chapter 27

Maria's POV

The family sit in a comfortable silence for a little while, each doing their own thing. Ant is on his laptop doing some work, Luca had dozed off, Ant's parents are cuddled close with Alice asleep and Jack keeping a watch over Alana with a slight smile on his face, Xander is playing on his phone doing god knows what and I have my book out. I enjoy reading but my attention is split between my book and looking at my baby sleeping, worried that she will wake again in tears, it's like I am watching for any sign of her becoming unsettled in her sleep, but it doesn't come, she looks peaceful. Maybe finally telling us about it and what her worries were was enough to settle her mind.

As I sit and watch her, I begin to see her eyes flutter open. She brings her hands up to rub her eyes then looks over to me. "Hey honey, did you have a good nap?" I ask in a quiet voice making sure I do not disturb those who are resting. "yeth" she whispers, and it comes out in a little lisp due to the paci that is still in her mouth. "Aren't you just the cutest" Jack says making her blush and pull her teddy up hiding her face. We all chuckle at her cuteness. "Mummy" she says once she gets over her embarrassment, "Yes honey" "Can I have a drink please" "Of course you can, I have a bottle of apple juice here for you" I dig threw her travel back and grab her bottle handing it over to Ant who gives it to her and with a whispered thank you she begins to drink it, not once complaining it's in a bottle. "Are you hungry? I have a sandwich here for you" "Yes please" I pass it over as well and Ant takes her bottle and places it in the cup holder at the side of the car seat. "Good girl for using your manners" Ant says before giving her a kiss on her head. We are blessed that she has very good manners.

The rest of the journey is quiet, and Alana spends her time looking around at everyone and outside while holding her teddy close. She managed to finish all her snacks and most of her juice and put her paci back in. I decided to close my eyes for the rest of the journey. 

Antonio's POV

On the last leg of the journey most of my family are asleep on playing on their phones. I look over at my lovely wife and see that she has fallen asleep with her head resting on the back head rest. Lana stayed quiet for the most part, looking out the window at the scenery but it wasn't too long ago she became a little unsettled in her seat. "Shh, princess, your lazy family are all sleepy, do you want to watch a movie?" I say in a joking tone about our family which she quietly giggles at and nods her head at my question. I grab my phone and open up Disney, I had it downloaded the other day just in case. "What do you want to watch?" I ask "Stitchhhh" she shouts out while raising her arms, "Shh princess people are sleeping remember" I laugh at her, "oh, I forgot, sowwy daddy" she whispers as quiet as she could making me laugh some more. I put Lilo and Stitch on for her and place it down on her lap. Her seat is slightly angled back so with it on her lap she can actually see it pretty well and without having to hurt her neck looking down at it.

I am really happy that she is finally happy. I hate to see her so sad and when I hear her cry it melts my clod stone heart. I sit the rest of the journey half watching the movie with her and half in my own thoughts about what my next plan will be, but I trust my men to deal with the situation, so in the meantime I will use this opportunity to spend some quality time with my family and hopefully help Lana settle in more. There is a lot of things we can do as a family up at our other home. The home is in a secluded area which makes it safer for us, but it is roughly only a 30-minute drive to the holiday park where there is lots to do and I have a feeling we will spend a lot of time there.

We finally pull up to the house and I feel relieved, my legs need a stretch, being in any form of transportation I hate it, I would rather be walking or in the house. I nudge Luca beside me letting him know we have arrived and proceed to wake my wife while Luca wakes the others who are asleep. "Love we are here, let's get in and comfortable yeah" I say as I rub my hand up her arm knowing that this will wake her. "Finally, I was not very comfortable sleeping here" she said in a groggy tone "Is Lana awake?" "Yes, love she has been awake for about an hour" I say moving over to the now open door, getting out and getting a good stretch in. I watch as the rest of the family get out and do that same thing I just done. Once they are all out. I go over to get Lana. "We are here princess; can I please have my phone back and we will get inside" I ask with a smile. Alana nods her head and passes my phone over. I put the phone in my pocket before reaching for the straps on the seat, unbuckling her then lifting her out.