A Sheep Not in a Wolf's Clothing

Wait a minute. I think I left my conscience on your front doorstep. Woah-oh, woah-oh
Wait a minute. I think I left my consciousness in the sixth dimension

-WILLOW

-ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

"I'm starting to feel lightheaded." Evie wobbles until she stops to sit on a nearby log. The cut on her arm continues to gush, painting everything red.

Cosette, the sheep woman who is currently leading Evie and Theo to her house, gasps at the sight of the weak girl. "Honey, you're not alright. Let's sit down for a bit," Cosette suggests while looking at Evie's cut. Her soft fingers graze gently over the wounded arm.

Theo looks around cautiously. It wasn't until now that he realized his glasses had been cracked. The glass on his left eye is completely shattered.

It would be terrible if another monster jumped at them right now. Especially, since Evie is injured. For the last couple of minutes, she has been whining about how much it hurt. The cut on her arm looks terrible, and if it didn't, Theo would have thought she was just being dramatic, but this is serious. Theo tries to look away from the oozing blood, but the bright red catches his eye. It makes him sick to the stomach to see it.

Cosette's heart drops as the condition of the wound starts to get worse. Evie has stopped crying, but that doesn't mean she's any better. The poor girl is in lots of pain. Cosette wanted to reach her home before trying to treat the cut, but she needed to at least put some pressure on it. Cosette takes a handful of fabric from her long skirt and forcefully tugs at it. A piece of fabric rips off.

"Your skirt? Why would you do that?" Theo's confused questions are ignored as Cosette demonstrates what she's doing with it. Being careful, she wraps the fabric around Evie's cut. The blood soaks through it immediately, but it has stopped some bleeding. Evie hisses in pain. Sweat beads her forehead, but at least the color in her face is coming back. She tells Cosette they should start moving again.

Cosette does her best to stay calm about the situation, but her heartbeat never lies. It's currently going a million miles an hour. Never in her life has she seen a human, let alone two humans. She'll figure out how they got to her world later, as of right now, she needs to help them by hiding them.

Evie focuses on her breath instead of her arm. Cosette promises her that they are almost at her house. Theo brushes Evie's sweaty strands of hair out of her face. They start to see a small neighborhood up ahead. The houses aren't perfectly lined up like you would see in Evie's neighborhood, instead, parts of the forest are scattered between the buildings. It looks like a street from a fairy tale.

Theo asks Cosette to point out her house. She gestures to a small, two-story cottage. It has a tall, green roof with decorated beige exterior walls. Wildflowers have grown over parts of the house and the fences out back.