Dancing Around the Death Penalty

A heart that's full up like a landfill. A job that slowly kills you. Bruises that won't heal. You look so tired, unhappy. Bring down the government. They don't, they don't speak for us. I'll take a quiet life. A handshake of carbon monoxide

-Radiohead

-ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

"Ya' kids better pick a God n' pray to it 'cause you're gonna be in here for a bit," a scrappy-skinned man growls from behind bars. Evie tries not to scream at the sight of him.

It's been half a day since being locked up in the castle prison. Or at least, Evie assumes it has been half a day. There are no windows due to being underground. She has no sense of time and it's adding to the ball of anxiety in the pit of her stomach. Only two hours could have gone by, but she didn't know because it felt like a lifetime had gone past.

"Be quiet, will you?" Theo growls back at the man. He's sitting near the bars of his and Evie's cell. His head cranes down the hallway to look into the other man's cell. Ever since getting the handcuff removed from Evie, Theo has placed himself on the floor with his arms curled around his knees.

The purple prisoner then stands up and wildly bangs against his bars while yelling at Theo. The two have gone back and forth for the last bit after Theo refused to tell the man why he landed himself in jail. It seems like the man has finally cracked. If he wasn't in his cell, Theo would have been guaranteed a beating. Especially since Theo just now noticed the man had lobster claws instead of regular hands.

"Theo, leave the man alone," Evie groans from where she sits on the rock-solid bed that was provided. She's been attempting to sleep her troubles away but Theo won't stop ticking off their neighbors.

"YA HEAR THAT YOU SPONGE?," the lobster man raises his voice while his wild eyes bore into Theo's, "YE EVEN MAKIN YE GIRLFRIEND MAD." Arupt and amused laughter then follow his fit. Theo only rolls his eyes before going back to pick up the dirt from underneath his nails.

Right as you think the lobster man is going to stop creating a ruckus, he gets louder. Soon, his cellmate has had enough of it. An even larger and more muscular man approaches from the back of the cell. His skin was completely replaced with striped fur. Two large teeth poke out from his lips. He represents a tiger in the most threatening way.

Without saying anything, the tiger grabs the purple man by the back of his shirt. With a strong push, he sends the yelling guy to the concrete. It was t long until a fight broke out between the two. Everyone from different cells goes to their bars to see what's happening. Even Evie leaves her bed to see.

"You started this," Evie hisses at Theo while keeping her eyes on the sprawling men.

"Why are you being so rude to me?" Theo looks in his direction. He's tired and thirsty, and now his best friend is being a jerk. Fantastic.