Purple Handcuffs Bring Out My Eyes

Swept away, I'm stolen. Let the sky fall. When it crumbles we will stand tall. Face it all together.

-Adele

 -ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

 -ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

The knocking on the front door grows louder as the unexpected visitor gets increasingly impatient. Cosette shoots Orion a troubled look before excusing herself from the table. Before she leaves to answer the door, she asks her friend, Eloria, if she has invited anyone else. Eloria's face goes blank before her green skin wrinkles with trouble.

"Well," Eloria draws out, "I had informed Councilman Dyer that I needed to be excused from today's meeting to be here with you. Those firm knocks banging on your door are likely from him." The plant woman gives an apologetic look before getting up to answer the door alongside Cosette.

At this same time, the two twin sheep boys come running down the stairs with toys in their hands. They wave them around playfully while running through the kitchen. They were instructed to stay upstairs, but it seems like they no longer care about that rule. Orion immediately jumps up from his seat to gather his kids. Conway manages to dodge his father's grip and dive underneath the table Evie and Theo sit at.

Orion can hear the new guest being invited into the home. Nervous sweat starts to form at his temples while wrangling his children back upstairs. He leaves Conway under the table to find where Dozier has gone. The little kid was in no way in sight until a houseplant in the corner started to giggle. Orion quickly strides over to his kid, but the kid then turns into his small sheep form. Small horns start to stab Orion's shins playfully. After Orion's long experience of being a parent with his twins, he has become immune to the shin kicks.

The Fae swipes off his sheep son and guides him back upstairs. Then, Orion catches Conway from under the table off guard and marches him upstairs as well. This leaves Evie and Theo alone in the kitchen. They hear Cosette in an intense conversation with whoever is at the door. Whatever they are talking about, it doesn't sound good.

"Is it a good idea to run now? Theo asks. His eyes never leave the door to the kitchen. Prepared in case anyone dangerous comes running into the room. His body is stiff. The fake ears attached to his head start to add to his headache as well.

Evie draws out a large huff. She's not sure what to do anymore. Confusion is all that she feels as she is currently dressed in a sheep costume while sitting in the kitchen of an actual sheep-woman and a Faerie. Plus, she had just met a woman who is part plant. If this is what this world consists of, she doesn't think she could handle being in it alone.

Evie gives Theo a quick shake of her head, but he doesn't see it because everyone comes back into the kitchen. This time, everyone looks more stressed.

The first face Evie sees is Cosette's. She looks more troubled than ever. Her friend, Eloria, grips onto her arm in worry. That's when Evie finally sees the newest guest. For a moment Evie thought she could grasp the fact that people aren't normal looking in this world, but she wasn't expecting a bird. Well, technically a bird-man. The man's blond buzz cut might have been the most striking feature about him if he didn't have wings attached to his arms. He was a thin, taller figure, and he almost looked like a normal person if it weren't for the feathers scattered across his human arms and the wings attached to his forearms.