There is a Fine Line Between Inviting and Kidnapping

I think you're my best friend
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?
I'll be yours
When it rains it pours
Stay thirsty like before
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?

-FallOutBoy

-ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ʚ𓆣ɞ༺ ˎˊ-

"Are those poisonous?" Evie asks as she watches Theo pluck a berry off a bush before popping it into his mouth.

"Uh, I hope not. I've already had five."

Evie lets out a sigh before sitting down in the shaded grass. She runs her hands through a patch of seven-leaf clovers. An odd-looking bug jumps up into the air before flying to the berry bush Theo is eating off of.

"You're supposed to be the smart one, out of us," Evie tells him. Her head swivels from side to side, waiting for Cosette to come back to them. Maybe if she comes back soon, then she'll be able to identify the berries before Theo possibly collapses.

"I'm hungry," Theo says through a mouthful of food. Evie's stomach growls in agreement. One thing about being in Ethera is she doesn't know how to tell time. Cosette had gone back to the castle just a few minutes ago, but it felt like an hour had gone by.

There's nothing much to do in the castle garden. It's pretty, Evie will admit, but gardening has never been her thing. Her dad would love it. She sits and compares the grand fountain sitting in the middle of the garden to her dad's garden gnomes. Even though the garden she sits in is breathtaking, she would much rather be at home.

Soft humming comes from behind a bush. Cosette then turns the corner with a large basket in hand. It reminds Theo of the first day he met Cosette. She had that special fruit he had refused to eat, now look at him, he's eating mysterious berries off of bushes.

Cosette apologizes for the wait. She explains how the kitchen was very crowded while settling down on the grass next to Evie. Her dark hand pushes her curly white hair out of her eyes before pulling the food out of the basket.

Cosette makes an excited squeal once she spots Theo next to his bush. "Theo, can you bring me some of those Speckledrops? They used to be my favorite food when I was a little lamb."

Theo shoots Evie an 'I told you they weren't poisonous look' before piling some into his hand. All Evie can do is roll her eyes and ignore him.

As Cosette unloads the food and the wands the humans were introduced to last night. Cossette unwraps a wand from a napkin and fiddles with it in her hand. Cosette seems to notice. "Pretty neat, isn't it?"

The humans thank Cosette as they eat their meal. They express how grateful they are for her guidance. It was her idea to come out to the castle gardens instead of being confined to the castle with an escort hovering over them at all times. Being out here is quite literally a breath of fresh air.