MTaD-The Bitter Reality

In the flurry of a heated argument, North Korea's voice echoed against the walls of the speeding car. Tension crackled like a whip in the air, thick with the explosions of released emotions. His words clashed with Russia's, each cutting deeper than the last.

"Russia, why are you like this?" North Korea's voice carried a venomous edge of frustration.

"I can't believe you're so stubborn!" Russia's retort was sharp, filled with exasperation.

The car hurtled through the fog of the night, the lights of the city blending into the dark, indigo sky. Shadows danced across the two nation's strained faces. The exchange reached its crescendo, a cacophony of unresolved grievances spewing back and forth.

Then, a sudden jolt. A sickening screech of metal meeting metal, followed by a deafening silence that shattered the moment.

(Sounds familiar, right? These were the opening lines of MTaD)

_______

Russia's POV:

My body throws itself forward, but the seatbelt confined me to my spot, choking me. "North, I love you!" I shouted as a large oak tree came into view of the headlights. My voice was barely audible amid the cacophony of the crash.

The airbag puffs up like a balloon.

The windshield explodes.

The front of the car caves in.

I can't breathe.

I feel as my head spins round and round. My hand reaches for North's. I have to make sure he's okay. A sharp ringing noise is all I can hear. My vision is clouded and speckled with flickering spots. "North." I coarsely utter. "Are you okay?"

No response. The ringing noise gets louder and louder. I want to grab my hair and tug it to alleviate the pain, but my hands are limp. Completely immobile. The oxygen in this car is insufficient. The acrid scent of gasoline and oil fills the air, only making my attempts to breathe more arduous.

With all the strength I have, I tighten my grip on North's hand. Then, my tunnel vision fades, the scenery around me swirling into a colorful oblivion. With one final breath, my eyes shut and everything goes black.

For a fleeting moment, my surroundings came into view, I was overwhelmed with a wave of sharp stabbing pains all throughout my body. My chest felt constricted like I couldn't breathe, and my legs felt numb and paralyzed. I heard muffled voices and shouts, and I could even feel someone pulling at my arms. But everything felt so far away, like I was in a dream, disconnected from reality.

It felt like an eternity as I tried to hold onto North's hand, but soon, everything went dark.

_______

I woke up in a hospital bed, my head spinning as I tried to get a sense of my surroundings. I felt so exhausted, like I couldn't even lift a finger, my whole body feeling like it was made out of lead. My vision was foggy, and my senses felt dulled, but I could feel someone sitting by my bed. Through the fog and the dizziness, I could barely make out the person's features. All I could see was the outline of a tall figure sitting by my bedside.

"Who are you?" I whispered. The figure stood up and approached. My breathing quickened as it bent over me. Every instinct I had told me to thrash and scream for help, but the figure spoke.

"Sis, it's just me." A soothing voice called. The figure's hand turned my head to face it. It was my younger brother, Kazakhstan. His golden wings were tense with concern. He managed a small smile as I stared, eyes wide.