Prologue

Narrator's POV:

     Celeste Ember Ellesmere was the heir to Helga Hufflepuff. She was kind, loyal, intelligent, and patient. No matter how cruel the world was to her, she was kind. Celeste was an extraordinary witch, coming from a long line of purebloods. This was the only trait she wasn't bullied for in the school of Hogwarts.

     Celeste has lived with her grandparents, Henry and Irene, since she was 13 months old. Unfortunately, her parents faced the same fate as Harry Potter's. Her parents were too kind to follow the ideals Lord Voldemort had. On that fateful night, Celeste had spent the night with her grandparents while her parents were murdered in their living room. Her grandparents never failed to tell her stories about her parents. How they met, their wedding day, the day Celeste was born, and every detail in between up until their death. Finally, on Celeste's 11th birthday, the day she was invited to attend Hogwarts, they revealed the true way her parents had died.

     The day she was invited to attend Hogwarts was filled with joy and sorrow. It was the day she found out her parents' real cause of death. However, this was also the day she was accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was the same school her entire family had attended, the same school her older cousin Cedric Diggory was invited to attend just two years prior, and the same school Helga Hufflepuff had founded with Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor and Rowena Ravenclaw.

     Celeste was told many stories about Helga and her ideology. How Helga could speak to all animals without using a spell or parseltongue, a gift that Celeste also had. One of her favorite stories to hear was how Helga Hufflepuff was in love with Salazar Slytherin until Celeste learned that Salazar left Helga due to stress brought upon by his disagreements with Godric. Salazar left Helga heartbroken, and from that day on, their entire family vowed never to associate with people from the Slytherin house. That was until Celeste was born; she never wanted to leave anyone out. She was always kind to everyone, no matter their house, blood status, or even how they treated her. Celeste Ember Ellesmere was far too kind for this world.

-----

Celeste's pov:

     Today was not just my 11th birthday, but also the day I would see if I was invited to attend Hogwarts. My grandparents had woken me up with my favorite breakfast, blueberry pancakes with fresh blueberry syrup. They then showered me with kisses, hugs, and a few gifts. These gifts consisted of new sweaters, dresses, books, and a locket that had once belonged to my mother. The locket was beautiful; you could tell it was old, but it was cared for with love. It was a beautiful gold locket with a silver bunny on the front. Inside the locket was a picture of my mother and father on one side and a picture of my grandparents on the other. My grandfather had spent months trying to restore it, but spells seemed to have no effect. My grandmother said my mother's pantronus was a bunny, and my father had bought her the locket. Expecto Patronum was my favorite spell; I had seen it growing up. It was also one of the first spells I wanted to learn.

     After breakfast and gifts, I returned back to my bedroom. It was small, but that was all I needed. A beautiful twin-size bed was along the room wall, surrounded by fabric canopies. Along the walls were pictures and family portraits. Accompanied in the room was a dresser, a wardrobe, and a bookshelf, which I had managed to fill throughout the years. Reading was my greatest escape from the world. I never had many friends growing up, as my grandparents had lived in the muggle world. Many of the kids found I was weird and strange. I was weird and strange, but not for the way they thought. I was a witch; my grandparents taught me this when I was very young. Since I could first talk and express to them that I could hear the squirrels in the front yard talking. At first, they thought I must have bumped my head and lost my mind, but soon, my grandmother remembered that Helga Hufflepuff could do the same thing.

     Just as I was about to start my new book, I was hurriedly called downstairs. Once I arrived downstairs, I saw our owl sitting on the stoop of our kitchen window with a letter in its mouth. "Go on, sweetie, grab it," my grandmother said.

     I reached over to our owl and grabbed the letter from its beak. "Thank you, Florence," I said to the owl.

    "You're welcome," she replied back. It sounded like hoots to my grandparents, but I knew what she was saying. Once Florence flew out the window, I turned to my grandparents, sitting anxiously at the table. I turned the envelope around to see the Hogwarts logo and a wax seal. I quickly ripped the letter open to read what it had said.

     "Dear Celeste Ember Ellesmere, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. The term begins on the 1st of September, and we await your owl no later than July 31st. Yours Sincerely, Professor McGonagall." I read out loud.

     "Oh, I'm so excited for you, sweetie." My grandmother said as she quickly got up and hugged me tightly.

     "Me as well," My grandfather said before joining the hug.

//////

A/N Hi!! I hope you enjoy my first book. Some ideas/themes may be completely made up by me so please be kind if you leave comments. ❤️