8

Draco's pov:

   Today was the day of the Yule Ball, and I was not excited. I had asked a girl from Beauxbaton to the ball; her name was Adeline. Pansy had told me to ask Celeste, but I just couldn't muster up the courage. Pansy was the only one who knew about Celeste and me, as she had caught me coming in one night. I was never one to share personal details about my life, but I needed to get it off my chest.

----- Flashback (two weeks prior)

    "Are you going to ask Celeste to the ball?" Pansy asked.

    "No, I already asked a girl from Beauxbaton" Once I said that she smacked me across the head with the Daily Prophet.

    "Are you bloody stupid?" She asked. "You asked some girl you will never see again after this tournament over someone I know you have feelings for."

    "I do not have feelings for Celeste" I said.

     "Do not lie to me Draco, you may not be able to admit you like her but its obvious to me." She said. "Celeste is beautiful and kind, especially to us and we do not deserve it. You of most people don't deserve it"

    "Well it's to late, I'm already going with the Beuxbaton girl. Her name is Adeline."

"You're a git, you know that?" She said before storming away. Did I have feelings for Celeste? I mean, Pansy was right. She is beautiful and kind. Not to mention intelligent, loyal, and trustworthy. Holy shit. I do have feelings for Celeste.

-------- Present time

After the conversation with Pansy, I saw Celeste again by the pond. She asked about the dance, and I told her I had invited someone from Beauxbaton. I felt bad as I watched the smile drop from her face. If I wasn't looking for it, I wouldn't have even noticed. That's how quickly she put a smile back on. She told me she would just be going with her friends, and I asked her to save me a dance. She said yes.

Now, the day had come, and I was not ready. Every day, Pansy criticized me for not asking Celeste, and I started to do the same. I arrived at the ball fairly early with Adeline, hoping Celeste wasn't already there. She wasn't.

"You look good," I told Adeline. It was true; she did look good. Though she was nothing compared to Celeste.

"Thanks, I guess?" she said, confused. "I'm going to get a drink," she said, walking away. Just as she did that, I saw Celeste arrive at the stairs with her friends. She looked beautiful, and I would be sure to tell her that. I watched as her friends whispered to her as they looked at me. Once she arrived at the bottom of the stairs, her friends led her past me. I took the opportunity and gently grabbed her wrist.

"You look beautiful Celeste." I said to her.

"Thank you," She replied before walking away. Thank you? Not even a thank you, Draco? I thought. Adeline came back and handed me a cup. My eyes couldn't leave Celeste. Soon enough, we were shoved into the ballroom. It was decorated in white and silver; Celeste and her dress fit perfectly. Soon enough, we were allowed to dance, and Adeline pulled me forward. We began to dance, but I kept watching Celeste. She was dancing with her one friend and was laughing as they spun each other around. Would she be that happy dancing with me? Soon enough, the song ended and transitioned into an upbeat song, and everyone began jumping and dancing along.

Celeste's other friend ran up and joined them, pulling them into a hug. I watched Celeste the whole time. A few songs in Adeline confronted me. "If you're just going to stare at her all night, you should have asked her instead of me." She said. I brushed her off and continued watching Celeste. After a few more songs, I watched Pansy drag Celeste before me and dance with her. Of course, she did. Once Celeste's back was turned to me, Pansy looked at me and smirked.

Later in the night, I watched as Celeste and her friends left. I knew Celeste would be back; early in the night, I had taken her shoes and hid them under my table. I just hoped she came back alone. Everyone soon left, and it was just me. I probably looked pathetic, but I didn't care. I heard the ballroom door open and turned to see Celeste alone. "Draco," She whispered quietly.

"Celeste, did you forget something?"

"I forgot my shoes, you wouldn't know where they are, would you?"

"I found them under a table." I said as I pulled them up from the floor. "You know you still owe me a dance." I said standing up.

"To bad there's no music." She said as I approached her.

"We don't need music," I said, holding my hand for her. She hesitated for a second before grabbing it. I led her to the center of the room and placed my other hand on her waist. She wrapped her free hand around my shoulder and touched my neck. "How was the time with your friends?" I asked as I moved us gently around.

"It was good, I'd ask how your date was but Pansy told me she left you." She said.

"She wanted to spend time with her friends," I said hoping that's all Pansy revealed.

"Don't lie Draco, Pansy told me she left cause you couldn't take your eyes off of me. Even I noticed that much."

"I couldn't help myself; I wasn't lying when I said you looked beautiful," I said as I watched her reaction. Her cheeks turned pink as she glanced away. "I wanted to ask you to the ball, but I'll admit I chickened out."

"It's okay; I understand," she said, looking back at me. I pulled her closer, and she rested her head on my chest as we danced silently. A few minutes later, I looked down to see her eyes closed. I took the opportunity to kiss her on the forehead.

"Would you like to head to bed? I can walk you," I asked. She nodded gently against my chest before I pulled away. I continued to hold her hand and grab her shoes with my spare hand. I led her out of the ballroom and headed towards her common room. "Your dress is gorgeous, by the way, but I think it would look better if it was green."

"And why's that?" She asked sleepily.

"For Slytherin green of course." I smiled.

Celestes pov:

"For Slytherin green of course" Draco said.

"Well, next time there's a ball, I'll get a green dress; it might just cost all of our savings, though," I replied. No matter how tired I was, I was glad I had forgotten my shoes.

"Maybe I'll buy you one," Draco said, squeezing my hand. We arrived before the Hufflepuff common room, and I whispered the password. I opened the portrait door and tried not to wake the dog in the photo.

"Goodnight Draco" I said.

He pulls me closer and places another kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, Celeste," he says. He drops my hand and hands me my shoes. I retreat into my common room. I see someone passed out on the couch and sneak upstairs, trying not to wake them. I snuck into my room expecting to find Ophelia asleep as well, but she was awake on her bed.

"Oh my god what took you so long? I was about to go looking for you." She said.

"I'll explain while you unzip my dress, I need to get out of it." I said, she stood up and stood behind me as I began to explain. "Well when I went back into the ballroom Draco was there waiting for me."

"How did that go?" She asked as she unzipped my dress.

"It was good, we danced for a while." Once she was back on her bed I slipped out of my dress and bar. I threw on an old t-shirt and shorts and climbed into my bed. "He told me that he wish he asked me to the ball but he chickened out. He kissed my forehead while we were dancing, I was ready to fall asleep while we were dancing." I added on.

"That's really sweet, he better have walked you back." She said.

"He did, and he kissed my forehead again when he dropped me. off" I explained as I took my jewelry off and placed them in my desk drawer.

"That's so sweet, now let's go to bed. We both leave early in the morning." She said as she used her wand to blow out the candles in the room. As soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.