3

Celeste's pov:

     Ophelia woke me up in the morning and told me I had missed breakfast. She said she tried to wake me, but I wouldn't budge. However, she brought me back a lemon bar to eat. I devoured it as I began to get ready. I slipped into knee-high socks, a black pleated skirt, a white button-up, a Hufflepuff tie, and Hufflepuff robes. Once Ophelia and I were ready, we headed to our first class of the day, Defense Against the Dark Arts. Once we arrived, we saw that Alastor Moody was the new teacher. Every year, we always seem to have a new teacher for this class; I don't understand why when it's clear that Professor Snape wants this position. Once class began, Professor Moody had asked how many unforgivable curses there were. Of course, Hermione was the one to answer. We all knew, but she didn't even give us the time to raise our hands. This was the one flaw I disliked about her. While Professor Moody was writing on the chalkboard, he called Seamus Finnigan out for putting gum under his desk. Finnigan made a snarky remark about him seeing out of the back of his head, which caused Professor Moody to throw the chalk at him. This caused a few students to giggle and the other few to gasp.

     "So what curse shall we see first?" Professor Moody asked. "Weasley! Stand," He yelled into the face of Ron. He reluctantly stood up. He asked Ron to name a curse, and Ron called the Imperius Curse. This curse can give the spell caster the ability to control the victim's actions. Then I watched as Professor Moody pulled out some type of insect. I had gotten good with tuning out animals sometimes, but I could never do it when casting spells. This had given me a free pass out of lessons that consisted of casting spells amongst animals. Once he pulled out the insect, I raised my hand.

     "Yes, Miss...?" Professor Moody began.

     "Miss Ellesmere, sir, Professor Dumbledore should have given you a message about me," I say. Only a few people knew about my gift, just the teachers and Ophelia, Luna, Hermione, and Cedric.

     "Yes, he has; now, while I do not agree, you are excused for the rest of class." He says.

     "Thank you, sir," I said as I packed my belongings and headed out the door.

----

     Later in the day, it had begun to storm. Ophelia told me all about what had happened after I left class that morning. Professor Moody made Neville watch as he used the Cruciatus curse, the torture spell on the bug, before using the killing spell. It was now time to head to one of the empty classrooms so the volunteers could put their names into the Goblet of Fire. I was nervous, but I decided to support Cedric. I watched a few students put their names in, and their friends clapped for them. Then, I watched Cedric approach the chalice as his friends cheered him on. I watched as he put it in, and the chalice accepted it. His friends celebrated with him as I sighed.

     "Celeste, I promise I will be fine; we don't know if I'll get picked." He said with his hands on my shoulders. His friend went to say a snarky remark but backed off when Cedric looked at him. Cedric's friends weren't mean to me but weren't pleasant either. Most just chose to resort to silence when I was around.

     "I know, I just still worry," I say.

     "I know, but I'll be fine; look, my friends and I are going to Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer; do you want to come?" He asked me.

     "No, thank you. Your friends don't like me very much," I say, mumbling in the last part.

     "Are you sure? I'll pay." He said.

     "I'm sure, go have fun," I say, pushing him away, and just like that, he's gone. I planned to head back to my common room until I saw the Weasley twins run in screaming, holding up a vial each. They had 'dumb plan' written all over their faces. I sat by Hermione while they were accepting high-fives from people. She explained their plan to me, and I let out a sigh.