13

TW: mention of scars but not where she got them from and bullying, as always there will be a TW before the scene starts

Draco's pov:

It had been two week since Cedric died. Celeste had gone home the day after and she still hasn't returned to school. I didn't blame her but I missed her. It took me a while to admit that. Currently I was at dinner in the great hall. Blaise now knew about Celeste and I, not in the way I would've wanted him to.

-----Flashback (a week ago)

     "I talked to Luna again today," I said. Pansy and I were sitting in the common room, it was late so it was just the two of us.

     "What did she say?" Pansy asked. We were both sat on the couch talking about Celeste.

     "She hasn't heard back from Celeste yet." I said running my hands through my hair in frustration. "I'm just so worried about her," I added.

"She's going through a lot right now, you know how closer her and Cedric were." She said scotching closer to me and placing her hand on my back.

    "I know, the fi-" I went to say but was cut off.

     "What the fuck? Are you cheating on me Pansy? With one of my best friends?" I looked up and saw a fuming Blaise near the dorm corridor.

     "Blaise it's not what it looks like," Pansy said getting up and walking towards him. I just sat there quietly.

    "Then what the fuck is it? I see you guys whispering, touching on his arm and back." Blaise was fuming.

     "I promise this isn't what it looks like, just let me explain." Pansy said. She tried to place her hand on his bicep but he yanked his arm away. "Draco we have to tell him, I can't keep being your therapist." She said.

     "Draco what is she talking about?" Blaise asked.

    "Pansy's not cheating on you Blaise. I rejected her for three years and you think now I want her? No offense Pansy." I said.

     "None taken I guess," She said.

     "So what is going on?" Blaise asked.

     "Sit down first, you might have a heart attack. Would you like to tell him Draco?" Pansy asked.

    "You tell him," I said sighing. I still haven't been able to admit out loud that I have feelings. I mean I'm Draco Malfoy, I was known to either make fun of girls or use them for a few days then get rid of them.

     "Well," Pansy said with a sigh. "Draco has been seeing someone, well not exactly. They've been meeting up every night and now Draco has feelings for her, even though he has yet to admit it out loud."

     "Well who is it?" Blaise asked.

     "Celeste." I spoke up.

     "Celeste? Celeste Ellesmere?" Blaise asked.

     "He's been worried about her. One night I caught him sneaking back in and he told me about her." Pansy said.

     "Why would I have had a heart attack? I'm glad dude, I mean we've always talked about how nice she is." Blaise said.

     "He was scared cause she's a Hufflepuff," Pansy said.

    "Better than a Gryffindor," Blaise said.

------ Present time

"So the party next weekend is gonna be the best yet I think," Goyle said. I was tuning them all out as I ate my dinner. Just as I was about to take another bite an owl landed in front of me. It was Celestes owl. It quickly dropped the letter in front of me before flying away. I grabbed the envelope and ripped it open.

'Draco,

Hi Draco, I figured I should finally write you back. I arrived back at Hogwarts today. I might not be able to meet at the pond for a few days. I have a lot of class work to catch up on. I will let you know when I am able to see you at the pond again.

-Celeste'

I let out a sigh of relief and hand the letter to Pansy and Blaise. "What's in the letter, I want to know!" Crabbe says.

"Piss off Crabbe you barley know how to read." I say. I feel a hand on my back and look over to Pansy. Her and Blaise send me a smile and a nod. I was sad I wouldn't see her at the pond for a few days but at least I would see her in classes and in the halls. I saw Celeste and Luna walk in the hall and I got up and walked towards them. I gently pushed them back outside the great hall and stood in the hallway.

"Oh hi Draco," Luna said.

"Hi Luna, hi Ophelia. I got a letter from Celeste sayings she was back. Have you guys seen her? Is she doing okay?" I ask quickly.

"Yes she is back, we saw her. She's doing better, still a little sad obviously." Ophelia said.

"Thank god," I say sighing.

"Can you just admit you like her?" Luna asked softly. She always seemed to know what was going on in other's heads.

"I don't... fine fine, I like her," I say.

"About time, now if you don't mind we are starving and then we're going to bring some food back to Celeste," Ophelia says before pulling Luna in the great hall. I shortly follow behind them and sit back with my friends.

"So the party next weekend?" I ask.

Celestes pov:

TW:

I arrived back to the dorm after dropping Florence off at the owlery. I decided I would take a shower since everyone was in the great hall eating. I head to the bathroom all the girls shared and started the water. I stripped my clothes and stepped into the shower. I felt as the hot water trailed down my body. My eyes trailed to my arms to see my now healing scars. I was glad they were healing. I heard the bathroom door open and two girls walk in. "I heard Celeste is back," one of them said. I recognized that voice, it was a Hufflepuff named Susan.

"God why couldn't she just stay home," The other one said. I recognized that voice to, it was another Hufflepuff named Athena.

"I know right, no one likes her except those two weird girls Luna and Ophelia." Susan said.

"And now she's acting all buddy buddy with some of the Slytherins, like I was hooking up with Draco last year and when he gets back he just goes silent on me. Then she starts being friendly with them, god she's such a slut" Athena said.

"Now Cedric isn't here to protect her anymore. She wants everyone to feel sorry for her just because he died, well boohoo we've all lost someone before. Luna and Ophelia might stick up for her but I doubt her new little Slytherin friends will. They probably don't care about her at all," Susan said.

"Right, now come on dinner is gonna end soon and I want some food," Athena said. Soon I heard their footsteps depart and the door shut behind them. I let out a sob I didn't even know I was holding in. I quickly finished my shower with tear filled eyes and hurried back to my room. I jumped into bed and started sobbing. Tulip came and comforted me by laying on my chest. Her weight always seemed to calm me, but this time it wasn't working. How could they talk about me like that? How could they talk about my friends like that? Most importantly how could they talk about Cedric like that?