5

TW: Mentions of SA, bullying, self harm, and suicide in this chapter, I will put a 'TW' before the scene starts so you don't have to miss the rest of the chapter. If you or anyone you know is going through these struggles please reach out for help. As someone who has been through these struggles before, reaching out gave me the best help I could have asked for. ❤️

Celestes pov:

     The next morning, I woke up early. Nerves filled my body as I got ready for the first task. I can't believe it was Dragons, that is unbelievably dangerous. "You know Cedric is going to be just fine, right?" Ophelia asked as she got ready.

     "I know, I just still worry, I mean, who puts a 17-year-old against a dragon."

     "It is crazy, but I'm sure the Goblet of Fire wouldn't have chosen Cedric if he wasn't prepared."

     "I just wish they got some warning of the task; Cedric only found out cause Harry somehow found out."

     "At least Harry is looking out for Cedric."

    "Yeah I guess your right. Come on let's go it's almost time." I said as we threw on our jackets and scarves.

     Once we arrived at the stadium, we quickly found Luna and sat next to her. Mid conversation, we're cut off by the Weasley twins walking by. "Bet's anyone?" Fred yelled.

     "Place your bet's here," George added.

     I turned around to face them, "You really placing bets?" I ask.

     "Come on, you know my money is on Cedric," Fred says as he places a hand on my head.

     "My money's on Krum," George adds. This causes Fred to smack him on his chest. "I mean, my money's on Cedric as well." He says. I roll my eyes in response. The twins walk away, and I continue my conversation with Ophelia and Luna. I heard one of the dragons roar, which caused me to jump.

     "Hey, I think I'm gonna go find Cedric and wish him luck." I tell the girls.

     They nod their head, "Tell him we wish him luck as well," Luna adds as I walk away. Once I find the champion tent I walk in and find Cedric.

     "What are you doing here?" He asks me.

     "I'm sorry, but I just had to wish you good luck," I say. "Luna and Ophelia say it as well."

     "Thank you, but I'm going to be fine. I already have a plan," he says. Just as I went to reply, I saw Hermione burst in and hug Harry. "If he gets a hug, I better get one, too," Cedric adds. This causes me to pull Cedric into a hug, just like Hermione did to Harry. Just then, I heard a quick camera shoot as Rita Skeeter, a reporter from the Daily Prophet, bursts in.

     "Young love! How... stirring," She says as she approaches Harry and Hermione. This causes Cedric and I to approach from the side. "If everything goes unfortunately today, you two may even make it to the front page." She says.

     "You have no business here," Krum says as he approaches from the shadows. "This tent is for champions... and friends." He adds as he looks at Hermione and I.

     "No matter. We've got what we wanted," Rita says as she looks Krum up and down. They take another picture of him and head out of the tent as Dumbledore and a few others enter.

     "Good day, champions; gather around, please," Dumbledore says. All the champions gather around, along with me and Hermione. She and I stand beside each other, with Cedric and Harry on each side. "Now you've waited, you've wondered, and the moment has finally arrived. A moment only four of you can fully appreciate." He states as he looks around. He spots Hermione and I and speaks again. "What are you doing here, Miss Granger? Miss Ellesmere?" He asks.