1

Goblet of Fire

Celeste's pov:

     Today was the start of my fourth year at Hogwarts. I was excited to go back as I had missed my friends, but I was also not happy to return to the other students' relentless torment. I didn't know why they targeted me, but they did. After I was sorted into Hufflepuff, I was excited to make friends. My grandparents always told me that Hufflepuff was the kind house. For me, it was the exact opposite. I only had two friends from Hufflepuff, one of whom was my cousin. The other is my roommate, Ophelia Brown. She was also a fourth-year student, but I only met her in my second year when our roommates switched, and we got paired. Since then, we've been almost inseparable. Other than Ophelia and Cedric, my only other friend was Luna Lovegood, a third year. She was a strange character, but I loved her. Other than those three, no one else liked me very much. I was aquatinted with Hermione Granger, as we had been paired as potions partners last year, but that was it. She was always off with Ron Weasley and Harry Potter.

     Harry Potter. The boy who lived. People didn't know I was also the girl who lived, sort of. The only people who knew what happened between my parents and Voldemort were Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall. Wherever Harry went, there always seemed to be trouble. After the first year, he claimed Professor Quirrell was evil and had Voldemort's head attached. No one believed him. After the second year, he claimed to have found the Chamber of Secrets and killed a basilisk. No one believed him. After the third year, Harry's godfather, Sirius Black, escaped from Azkaban but was genuinely innocent. No one believed him. I always seemed to believe Harry, even though sometimes I had doubts. I just always chose to trust people. Every year with Harry Potter, something always seemed to happen, and this year was another stuck with him.

     "Come on, we're going to be late," my grandfather said as he hurried my grandmother and me to Platform 9 3/4.

     "Grandpa, we are at platform 11 and still have 15 minutes. I'm sure we will make it," I said, laughing slightly. My grandfather has insisted on pushing the cart with my luggage rather than holding my familiar. At 85 years old, I'm surprised he and my grandmother still accompany me to the train, but they always insist on seeing me off. I held my familiar while my grandmother held onto my arm to ensure we didn't get separated. My familiar, or as most people called them 'pets,' was a beautiful white and grey Maine Coon cat named Tulip. I had always loved cats and was excited to see that my patronus was a fluffy orange cat. My grandmother said it reminded her of the one my parents had before I was born.

     Once we arrived at platform 9 3/4, I watched the Weasleys kids run through. The Weasleys were a sweet family; my grandmother and their mother, Molly, constantly conversing at the train station yearly. I wasn't really friends with any of the kids, but Fred and George always said hello and would chat with me.

     "Well, if it isn't Celeste," Molly said as she hugged me. "You have gotten so big!" She said excitedly.

     "Hello, Mrs. Weasley," I said, hugging her back.

     "The boys and Ginny are already on the other side. You can go, and then your grandparents, me, and Arthur will meet you guys on the other side." She said. I smiled and ran through the wall. I looked around and saw the red-headed children, and I approached them.

     Fred seemed to notice me first, "Hey Celeste". This caused George to turn around. I didn't bother Ron and Ginny as they were too far in conversation with Harry and Hermione. Hermione sent me a quick smile and wave before returning to her conversation. A smile or a wave was the only thing I could get out of her when she was with them.

     "Hey boys, how was your summer?" I ask.

     "Well, it was definitely something. We went to the Quidditch World Cup, but Death Eaters attacked after the game." George said.