11

Celests pov:

     The last task was tonight and I was incredibly worried. They said this will be the hardest one. After the party a few day's ago I was exhausted. I never wanted to have a hangover that bad again. I had continued to meet with Draco every night. He tried to comfort me and distract me of my worries. After asking me load's of questions about the second task, again.

-----Flashback (the night after the party)

     "I never want to drink that much again, I think I'm still hungover," I say groaning with my hands on my head.

     "That's what fire whiskey will do to you, but it was nice. To see you have fun I mean," Draco said pulling me closer so my head was on his shoulder.

     "It was nice, for the first time I wasn't worried about the tournament," 

     "Let's not talk about the tournament, your only gonna worry and your headache will be worse," He said running his fingers through my hair. 

     "What do you want to talk about?"

     "Anything you want," 

     "Did you know you were named after a constellation?"

     "I did, but truthfully I don't know what it looks like or what it means," 

     "Ooo please let me tell you, I love the stars."

     "Of course you can tell me," 

     "Well it's a little hard to point out but if you look closely it's about 90 degrees to the left of the moon. Do you see it?"

     "I think so," Draco says after looking up at the sky for a few seconds.

     "Well the constellations is also called Draco, obviously. In some countries it can only be seen during certain times of the year, but her it can be seen all year long. The story behind it is kind of sad," 

     "Why's that?"

     "Well it's based off of Greek Mythology. Ladon was a dragon who guarded the Goddess Hera's garden. Unfortunately Hercules killed Ladon to steal apple's from Hera's garden. Hera then placed him into the sky to honor him," I said.

------ Present time

     About an hour before the final task I left to head to the Stadium. Uncle Amos was coming to watch this one. Along with the other families of the champions.

     "Celeste!" Amos said pulling me into a hug.

     "Uncle Amos!" I said hugging him back.

     "Are you excited?" he asked.

     "Nervous is more like it," I said truthfully. Only a few moments later, the entire stadium was filled with students cheering in excitement. Uncle Amos and I were in the back with Cedric, waiting to be called out. Cedric got to go first since he was in the first place, well-tied with Harry. Once we were cleared, Uncle Amos ran out, and Cedric and I walked out next to each other. Cedric and Amos were excited; I think I carried enough nerves for all three of us. In front of us was the entrance to a huge hedge maze; Cedric said it reminded him of when we got lost in a corn maze when we were 5 and 7. I told him that he better not get lost this time. As Dumbledore gave his speech, I looked around the stands. My eyes caught Draco as he was looking right back at me. Pansy was right next to him and was waving. I sent her a wave back, causing Draco to wave at me. Then I watched as they bickered back and forth, probably over who I waved to. Cedric, Amos, and I were at one entrance of the maze. Amos was excited; while he was chatting away, Cedric looked at me.

     "I promise I will be okay, and when I come out I'll take you for a butterbeer. I love you." He said pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged him back tightly not wanting to let go.

     "I love you too. Please be careful, I can't risk something happening to my favorite cousin," I said as he pulled away. He quickly hugged his dad before Dumbledore called all the contestants over; he pulled them into a huddle and whispered briefly with them. Then he told them to prepare themselves as they all split back up to their entrances. Amos pulled Cedric in for one last hug and told him good luck. Cedric looked at the both of us and said he would see us later. The cannon went off, and soon they all entered the maze. The entrances closed behind them, and Uncle Amos and I were directed to the stand where the other professors and families were standing.

     Hours passed, and I kept worrying as time went on. It was now dark out, and we had seen one red flare in the air and watched as Fleur was brought out from the maze. Not even a few minutes later, Krum was brought out as well, with no red flare. He was unconscious. Cedric and Harry were the only two left. Another twenty minutes had gone by, and Harry and Cedric appeared out of the maze. People started cheering, including Uncle Amos, but I knew something was wrong. Cedric was on the ground, not moving. I watched Harry clutch Cedric's shirt as the band began playing. Fleur let out a scream as Dumbledore ran over to him.

     Dumbledore tried to pull Harry off Cedric, but he kept yelling no. That was until he finally said more, "He's back. He's back. Voldemorts back." This caused Uncle Amos and me to run towards the field, but we were being held back. Tears began to fill my eyes as Harry spoke out again. "Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there." Body? Please tell me Harry didn't just say body. Tears were now streaming down my face uncontrollably as Uncle Amos finally pushed his way through, bringing me with him. Someone whispered that a boy had been killed. Harry said body. He really meant it. Uncle Amos held my hand as we pushed through people who were getting close enough to see Cedric.

     "That's my son! It's my boy!" Amos yelled, crying. Someone tried to hold us up, but we both collapsed. "It's my boy!" He said again. Uncle Amos was sat by his head as I clutched down onto Cedric's shirt. Dumbledore tried to console Amos, but he just kept screaming in heartbreak. McGonagall kept a hand on my back as I sobbed into Cedric's chest. Soon, everyone was sent back to their common rooms, and Uncle Amos and I stayed with Cedric's body. We stayed that way for another 10 minutes. The only movement was McGonagal moving me into Amos's arms as we hugged and cried together. Finally, they insisted on moving his body, and we followed them. They brought his body to Madam Pomfreys and placed him on a bed. Dumbledore placed a sheet over his body, covering his face.

     Amos and I stayed in Pomfreys all night crying over Cedric's body. By morning, I was numb; no tears were left to be shed. Amos insisted we bring him back home for a proper burial. It was decided that I could stay home as long as I needed to. I cried every night looking at pictures of Cedric and me. He was buried in a site next to my parents. I visited every day.

//////

A/N: I literally knew I would have to write this and still cried while doing it, but anyways thank you guys so much for 100 reads!!! ❤️