Chapter 1

-------

I woke up on the couch at my best friend, Maggie’s, flat in London with a pounding headache. Perfect, I grumbled. Just what I need today. I dragged myself into Maggie’s room and yanked open the curtains.

“LIV!” Maggie yelled.

“What?” I asked. “I have to go into the studio today and I need light to get dressed.”

“Please, no light,” Maggie groaned.

I laughed, “Mags, get up you’ll feel better I promise!”

She sat up and glared at me, “How are you not hungover?”

“I am, I just try not to think about it,” I grinned at her.

I rummaged through the closet and threw on a loose black t-shirt and a new pair of high-waisted jean shorts. I decided I was too lazy to wrestle with my long, brown hair so I left it down and quickly put on some mascara. I stood in front of the mirror and sighed, “Well, this is as good as it gets.”

Maggie rolled her eyes, “Would it kill you to make an effort with your makeup?”

“Cheers,” I scowled at her. “You know, not all of us are makeup artists.”

I stalked into the kitchen to get some food when I heard Maggie calling me from the other room.

“Babes! Your phone is ringing!” she said.

“Who is it?”

I heard a pause as she got up and checked, “Oh, it’s Joe.”

“Joe?” I walked to the bedroom. “As in Joe my manager?”

“Do you know any other people called Joe?”

I ignored her and took my phone back into the kitchen, “Hello??”

“Liv?” Joe said.

“Well who else is it going to be? This is my cell phone.”

Joe laughed so hard I had to hold the phone away from me ear.

“Not so loud, Joe, my head hurts.”

I could hear him smirking, “Ooh Liv, very naughty.”

“Oh shut up,” I said while smiling. “Why are you calling?”

“Oh right. Well I wanted to tell you that you should bring the notebook you write your songs in because the band that I manage is here and I think it would be good to collaborate with them. And I was thinking a cover together as well?”

The smile faded from my lips, “What next, are you going to make me join the band?”

“No Liv. Why do you hate collaborating so much?” Joe said calmly. “But I’m pretty sure you’re going to want to meet them. I think you already know one of them.”

“I hate collaborating because my songs are like my diary and I don’t like sharing that with other people. And oh, I know someone? Well now I’m scared Jojo.”

Joe laughed again, “Don’t be! Just hurry up and get here please they are already here.”

“Fine but am I allowed to eat first?”

I could hear his eyes rolling, “Yes Liv.”

I hung up and threw my notebook and a few pens into my bag. Then I grabbed an apple and a bottle of juice and headed out into the sun. London in the summer makes me so happy and it’s so nice to see everyone walking around with no cares in the world.