Chapter 4

“Liv,” someone was shaking me. “Babes you gotta get up.”

I opened my eyes to see Maggie standing above me and I realized I was lying in her bed.

I cleared my throat, “How did I get here?”

“I don’t know,” Maggie bit her lip. “I got home and you were here.”

I swung my legs out of bed and glanced at the clock. “Shit! Is that the time,” I cried. “I’m so late again ugh.”

I quickly pulled on some black leggings and a thin, light blue jumper. I glanced in the mirror to see that my eyes were all red and puffy from crying and there were dark circles under them. I swiped mascara through my eyelashes then braided my hair down my back

“Bye Mags!” I called as I grabbed my bag and headed out.

-

I took a deep breath then pushed the door of the studio open. I walked into the meeting room to see the boys and Joe sitting around the table talking about a new cover.

James glanced up, “You look like hell.”

“Ya, I know,” I said with a weak smile and went to sit on the couch next to Brad.

“What no cheeky comeback?” James frowned worriedly.

I glared at him, “Not in the mood James, just lay off.”

“Late night?” He grinned. “Or too much to drink.”

“I didn’t have anything to drink last night,” I snapped. “I wish I had so that I didn’t have to remember what happened.”

Joe and Tris looked at me, alarmed, while Brad looked hurt.

 “I didn’t mean everything,” I said pointedly and Brad nodded slightly. “I saw Alex last night.”

James’s mouth dropped open, “What happened.”

“Nothing,” Brad said before I could speak. “I told him to fuck off and he did.”

“He’ll come back,” James said simply.

“Can we stop talking about this,” I said sharply.

Joe cleared his throat, “Liv, I have song for you if you want to cover it.”

I stood up and accepted the lyrics from him. I glanced at the title and smiled then ran out of the room to find my guitar. As I walked back to the meeting room, I was stopped by Brad in the hall.

“Hi,” I breathed.

He smiled, “Hi. I’m sorry I just left you at Maggie’s last night, but I didn’t know what I would say if anyone saw us.”

I blushed at the way he said us and I looked at the floor. Brad stepped closer until our chests were inches from each other. I held my breath and looked up at him from underneath my eyelashes.

He met my gaze, “Liv, I’m serious about what I said last night.”

He bent down and kissed me lightly on the lips but pulled away too quickly. He grinned at me and then turned away and went back into the room. I tried to slow my racing heart and control my breathing before I followed him.

“Liv!” Joe said as soon as he saw me. “How fast can you learn that song?”

I smiled at him, “I already know it!”

“You’re brilliant you know that?” Joe gave me a hug.

I poked him in the ribs and he flinched away. I laughed, “By now you should know better than to flirt with me.”