Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*three weeks later*

Brad’s POV

I heard a knock on my door. “Come in,” I croaked.

The door swung open and I squinted as the light burned my eyes.

“Brad,” I recognized James’s voice. “You have to get up man.”

As I got used to the light, I saw James, Tris and Maggie standing in the doorway of my room.

“Who let you in?” I demanded.

“Your mum called us. It’s been weeks. You have to get up,” Tris said quietly.

“I can’t. All I think of is what she must be feeling or thinking right now and I am not there-” my voice cracked and I tried to fight the tears that were welling up in my eyes.

Maggie pushed past James and Tris and sat on my bed.

She looked at me, tears streaming down her face. “Brad,” she whispered. “I know where she is. I’ve seen her.

I sat up and grabbed her shoulders, “Where is she. I need to see her.”

I felt her shaking in my grasp. She took a deep breath, “She’s here. In Birmingham. But she’s not the same. He changed her.”

“Changed her?” My voice shook with anger. “Changed her how?”

Maggie shook her head, “I can’t, it’s so awful.”

“Maggie, please,” I begged. “I have to get her back.”

“I’ll take you to her tonight.”

-

Olivia’s POV

“Spin for me baby,” Alex growled.

Swallowing the nausea I obeyed. Alex had made me one of the servers at the bar he owned with his brother and I was forced to wear a short skirt and crop top paired with really high heels. After I finished my circle I caught my reflection in the mirror. I looked like hell, bruises covered my arms and I had become so skinny I looked like a skeleton. Alex had taken me and turned me back into the person I hated the most.

He grabbed my wrist and i winced. He pulled me to him and kissed me aggressively. I fought back tears as he ran his hands all over my body.

“I’m going to miss you so much,” he breathed in my ear. “I wish I didn’t have to leave you for the weekend.”

“It-it’s okay,” I tried to stay calm.

He frowned at me, “Are you ready for work?”

I forced myself to nod and he grinned and pulled me out of the house to his car. When we arrived, Alex dragged me over to the bar and handed me a tray. “Don’t. Fuck. Up,” he snarled and then disappeared upstairs. I heard the door open, I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face. I spun around and froze in place when I recognized the four people standing a few meters from me.

“Liv?” Brad stepped closer to me. Tears spilled out of my eyes as I saw the look in his eyes. He didn’t recognize me. This was not the girl that he knew.

“What has he done to you?” he whispered. He reached out and grabbed my wrist. I winced in pain and his eyes widened in alarm. He gently turned my arm to look at the inside of my wrist. “Son of a bitch,” he breathed as he saw the finger shaped bruises. “I’m going to fucking kill him.”

“Don’t,” I said harshly. “You have to leave. Right now.”

“Not without you.”

Tears streamed down my face. “You don’t understand,” I said coldly.