Chapter.1

Y/n," His voice interrupted your pleas.
It was icy, calculated. Those hazel eyes that once brought you warmth now left you feeling hollow.

"I don't require assistance. From anyone, for that matter." Once again, he rejected your aid in dealing with his emotions, his past. It resurfaced too quickly, too soon, and you found him in the midst of a panic attack.

The aftermath made you regret intervening.

"You would be of greatest assistance by leaving me be. I don't need your help, I don't need *you*.

The moment those words came out of his mouth, your heart sank to your stomach.

A small part of you thought he'd say something else, change his mind-
But no, that hope was soon extinguished.

"Leave me. Go away. I don't need your help." He repeated.

He did not meet your gaze, but held his arms close to his sides, he felt cold but his voice was hard, cold like ice. He made it very clear he did not want your assistance.

He was so firm with these words, so stern. So closed off to hearing other peoples advice he was essentially pushing you away.

"I do not need help." He repeated again.

He did not even seem to notice you were still there with him, he did not look at you while speaking to you. He just kept his arms close to his sides and continued to stare forwards with that blank expression on his face.

"I am fine."

" You are not fine!" You yell feeling so heartbroken and frustrated at his stupid harmful words and behavior.

His head snapped to look at you the moment you raised your voice at him.

When he spoke again his voice was now no longer cold or firm, it held a slight tinge of emotion in his tone, one you had not heard from his voice before at all.

"How *dare* you yell at me?" He shouted, finally meeting your eyes.

"I don't care..." you whisper.

Those words cut into his skin deeper than any knife could ever do.

The silence that came afterwards made the whole situation feel even tenser than it was before.

When he spoke again, his voice was quieter, and held a lot more emotion in it.

"Don't care? You..don't care?" He looked at you, his voice now holding a lot more emotion. He was confused. "You don't care about me?"  his tone was vulnerable.

Those two little words he chose to respond with made the silence even more tense.

But you stood your ground.

He was still vulnerable, he wanted to hear that you care about him. You did not give him that satisfaction, it wasn't your job to fix him like he was some broken toy. He was a big boy, he could do that on his own.

His vulnerable side made you want to say something, anything. To hug him, reassure him-

*But you did not.*

He could see the change in your emotions, the slight crack in that mask you usually wore, the sadness on your features -

and he wanted that gone.